6. Angry Kim

The week passed by very quickly and Jungkook found himself waiting for the Coding classes eagerly. One reason being that the teaching was absolutely awesome and the other being that the teacher was absolutely awesome. 

His gaze never left Mr. Kim and never went below his neck. It always stayed transfixed on that perfect face with those perfect features that showed a perfect smile. Every student loved Mr. Kim. Not only for his looks, but also for his teaching. He had his own way of capturing their attention. Not a single person thought about anything other than him and his lecture in his class. 

If there was one thing that they caught on about Mr. Kim, it was that he was a scary person when he gets angry. He once caught one of the students spacing out in his class and the glare he set at him almost made the poor guy piss in his pants. And that glare was enough for them to vow to themselves to never be at the receiving end of that glare. 

It was finally Friday and Mr. Kim had decided to conduct a pop quiz on the basics that they had learnt in BTech. To be honest, he had discussed all the points the previous day and was sure anyone would answer it, but boy was he wrong! 

The very first student irritated the blood out of him. He told everyone about the pop quiz and they started taking their pens out. "It's gonna be oral, guys!" he said and all of them put their pens down nervously, praying to all the gods present above that they got easy questions. 

"Minki! Name the two ways to input a string" he said. Everyone sighed. It was an easy question. They hoped the further questions would be just as easy. The boy stood up and looked around, hoping that someone would silently help him, but no one was ready to risk getting caught by Mr. Kim. 

"p-puts(string_name);....." Minki answered doubtfully. He cowered as Mr. Kim glared at him. "The other one?" Mr. Kim asked. Minki thought for a while before answering. "cin.putline(string_name);" Minki answered, his confidence dropping a few more meters.
"What is the normal input operator?" 
"c-cin" 
"What is the header file for using gets and puts functions?" 
"iostream.h"

The whole class flinched when Mr. Kim slammed his book on the teacher's table. "Mina" he called out and the girl stood up nervously. "Answer the question" he said. His tone sent shivers down the students. "s-stdio.h" she said. 
"What is the size of an integer?"
"1 byte" she said confidently. If looks could kill, she would have been dead by then. 

"Michael" the boy stood up, cursing his luck silently. 
"Answer the question" Mr. Kim said. 
"......." he looked down. 
"What is a nibble?" 
"......." 

"Sana" she stood up, nervously looking at Mina. The tension in the room was soo thick that they could easily cut it with a knife. No one dared to lift their heads. It was as if they were seeing a new Mr. Kim. They never thought he could be this scary. 
"What is a nibble?" he repeated. 
"........."

"JUNGKOOK" he yelled. Jungkook flinched as he got up, shocked at the sudden raise in the voice. So was the class. Every one looked up, scared at the sudden change. The poor students who were already standing had their heads down as low as possible.
"What is a nibble?"
"Four bytes is called a nibble" Jungkook answered without batting an eyelash. All the questions were too simple. 
"Size of an integer"
"2 bytes"
"Input statements for a string"
"gets and cin.getline"
"Sit down"
"Yes sir" Jungkook sat down and released the breath that he was holding. Yeonjun held up his hand under the table and Jungkook, who noticed it, quickly hit a 'low-five'. 

They could have sworn that there was smoke coming out of Mr. Kim's ears. "Is this what you have learnt till now? They are literally BTech basics! IS THIS WHAT YOU HAVE LEARNT??" he yelled as he picked up his book and slammed it on the table again. It sounded ten times worse this time. 

"WHAT ARE YOU HOPING TO DO IN MTECH IF YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW BTECH BASICS?? I am sure that your Professors taught you well. SO WHERE DID YOU GO WRONG?? HOW DO YOU EXPECT ME TO TEACH MTECH CONTENT TO SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T EVEN KNOW BTECH BASICS??" he kept yelling. 

No one dared to move. They didn't even dare to breathe loudly. "I am going to conduct a written test on Monday on Basics of C++. I don't want any of you to get less than 40 out of 50. It won't be pleasant if anyone does" he said as he took his book and stormed out of the class. 

Every one sat frozen as they stared at the door through which Mr. Kim had stormed out. His anger was justified, obviously. But never in their dreams did they expect Mr. Kim of all the people to get this angry. 

All of them shook their heads and decided to go home and study for the test so that they wouldn't have to face his wrath again. 

"Woah, we have another period after lunch! I am scared now" Yeonjun suddenly said. "I know, right?! That was a bit scary" Kai said as he got up to pack his bag. "You guys keep going. I have a phone call to make" Jungkook said as usual. 

This became a schedule for them. They would go to lunch while Jungkook would stay back to check on Junha before joining them, who would already get a tray for him. 

As usual, Junha would try his best to tell his dad about what he and his grandmother did until then and Jungkook would reply with the same amount of enthusiasm, even though he never understood a single word. 

"Eomma, I put his clothes in his bag. Put that on for him, okay? I'm taking him to Namjoon hyung's house today for dinner. We'll leave right after I shower" he said. 
"Okay. I'll go now, bye"
"Bye" he hung up and headed to the cafeteria, already dreading the lecture after lunch. 

But surprisingly, Mr. Kim taught as cheerfully as he always did, making the students doubt if Mr. Kim had a twin who came in the previous period. All the doubts crashed when he said "So get ready for the test. Like I said, it won't be pleasant if anyone gets below forty" before leaving the class.