Newt walked around to see how the ballroom looks like after the last time he's seen it. Many people were in masks, and somehow, Newt knew who were those people. As he walked on, he felt a tap on his shoulder and he turned. He came face-to-face with Queenie.

Newt jumped back in surprise. "Queenie!" Newt exclaimed but Queenie hissed.

"Shh! Newt, they don't know it's me," she whispered over the chattering around them. Newt raised an eyebrow in disbelief. Queenie laughed. She took his hand and dragged him out of the ballroom and into an empty hallway where they can talk in private.

When they were sure they were left alone, Queenie squealed and launched herself at Newt. Luckily, Newt caught her and regained balance before they could knock anything over. Queenie had trapped him in one of her bear hugs that nobody can escape. Newt sighed and patted her back awkwardly. Queenie squeezed him for a few more minutes before she pulled away, beaming.

"Oh my god, Newt! It's been so long!" She smiled.

Newt smiled back...but something racked his mind. "Wait," he said in greeting, "how did you know it was me?"

Queenie laughed. "Oh, come on, Newt. You're supposed to wear a mask the covers our eyes! Right now, you're wearing a mask that just covers the right side of your face. That wat, I could see your iconic freckles."

Newt blushed. He was always teased by Queenie about his freckles. Nonetheless, Newt smiled. "It's nice to see you, too, Queenie," he said.

Queenie beamed again. "So, how are you doing, Newt?" she asked. "It's been years since you last came here."

Newt sighed. "I'm good. It's still not the same without you and your sister, though." Newt blushed at the last part. God, how he missed Tina.

Newt realized too late. Queenie saw the blush on his cheeks and suddenly squealed. "Oh my goodness! You're thinking of my sister, aren't you?"

"W-what?" Newt stammered. Queenie just squealed some more.

"Aww, don't worry Newt. She missed you, too!" Then, she gasped. "In fact, I think she's out there looking for you!"

Newt's eyes widened with excitement. So, Tina's out there already? "She is?" he asked.

Queenie nodded. "Yes! Uncle and Auntie Graves didn't want to introduce her so that it'll be like a surprise for the guests. The first one to find and guess that it's her gets a prize from the princess herself!" She explained happily.

Now, he was interested in this. "What's the prize?" he asked.

Queenie shrugged. "I don't know. It's up to Tina." Then, she pushed him back into the ballroom. When they were completely inside, Queenie whispered, "You better find her first" and left. Newt looked around, head craning up to try and see over the heads of the other guests. He couldn't find her.

"Where is she?" he mumbled and began wading through the crowd.

He walked through the crowd, head craned up in search of her. He bumped into some of the guests, absentmindedly apologizing, and continued his search for Tina. He came across women whom he thought were Tina but weren't. It lowered his spirits. If he doesn't find her at the end of the night, he'll be disappointed with himself. Why? Because there's something he wants to tell her.

Something important.

Something that might change the way she thinks of him.

What was it?

It's that he wants to t-

His thoughts were interrupted by someone bumping into him. Newt looked at the person who bumped into him. It was a woman with brown hair twisted into a half up half down style. She was wearing a silver mask outlined with silvery-white lace and it had a blue and silver flower on the left. She was also wearing a pale blue and white gown that was adorned with colorful flowers. Newt gasped and mumbled, "Sorry, so sorry!" The woman looked up and they locked eyes. Newt gasped again when he saw her eyes.