7.

"Quidditch selections are today!"

Olivia says, holding few chocolate frog boxes in her hands. She hands me one and smiles,

"Good luck sweetie, I heard eating chocolate boosts confidence!"

She had the purest smile on her face, and her blue eyes sparkled with the warmest glow. I looked at her, jumping up and down.

"You're probably more excited than I am! I am not Oliver Wood, I'm just his sister. I am most probably not getting in the team."

××××

I reach the Quidditch Ground and my eyes meet Terrance's. He looked exceptionally neat today. He gave a small greeting smile from a distance and I returned him.

Marcus Flint, the newly made captain, came out of nowhere and made us stand in rows. He looked frustrated than ever and he had an annoying look on his face. Someone was definitely not in a good mood today.

He released the Quaffle, and then the Bludgers and then the Snitch. The game had started and I wasn't able to handle the bat properly. I saw how Flint was observing every move and I couldn't ruin the chance. I wanted to treat this as a little joke, but why was I worrying about it. Why was I stressed?

I couldn't really hit any Bludger properly and it was a shame. I told Flint that my head was aching and I wanted to take a break. He looked at me with a little disgust, and nodded.

I sat back and looked at Terrance. I looked at his dedication. I remembered yesterday. I wasn't giving up. I was supposed to give my best. I am strong.

I sat on my broomstick and flew over to my position. I tried hitting the Bludger, and even though I failed, I had more confidence than ever. I tried and tried. A Bludger suddenly came towards me and I was determined to hit it. I took my bat and swing it all the way, with maximum power, and hit the ball.

I did it.

I was proud, and a sudden spark of confidence lit up in my soul. I felt better than ever. I knew I could do it. I tried hitting the Bludger a few other times and succeeded in a few of them.

Marcus was looking at me, he gave a smile, never seen that on his face though.

The game ended and we all stood in rows again. He looked at us and said,

"Miles, you retain you position as a Keeper. As for you, Montague, you'll be joining me and Adrian as Chasers. Terrance, you were quite impressive today, you'll be our Slytherin Seeker. And Bole, you and Diana will be the reserves. That leaves, Amelia and Y/n to be our team's official beaters. Be on time, or I'll kick you straight away out of the team."

I let out a smile and felt accomplished. I looked at Terrance and he widened his eyes, that exclaimed the feeling of joy. I was happy. I was happy for him.

****
a/n:- i am aware i am not good at describing quidditch. which person in the slytherin quidditch team do you want her to be close to?