Ch.1:The Beginning Of a New Life.

Panicked yells were echoing around and blurry faces flashed by as Hinata Shoyo was rushed through the hospital with four teammates running alongside him - with tears streaming down their faces.

He reached out to the streak-stained face he assumed to be Sugawara as he laughed weakly with tears welling up in his eyes, blood leaking out his mouth, whilst breathing out the words,
"Don't cry...you're stronger than that...Hey...do you think they play volleyball in the afterlife?".

Unfortunately this was the limit as to where his friends could run to as the stretcher carrying Hinata's frail body was engulfed by the towering doors of the emergency room.
Sugawara, Tsukishima, Tanaka and Kageyama heard the words Hinata murmured and sat down outside the emergency room, that same moment replaying in their heads.
A few minutes passed by when a tall, lean figure came bounding towards them.
"HEY WE'RE HERE", Daichi yelled from across the hallway whilst sprinting with Nishinoya, Ukai and Takeda trailing behind.

Daichi slowed down and stood across from where the others were sat in a row. Sat...in silence.
"What on Earth happened?! Tell me. I need to know!" Daichi raised his voice.

"He might not make it," Tanaka whispered.

In one swift movement Nishinoya grabbed Tanaka's collar and yanked him to make eye contact.
"DONT GO KILLING OFF PEOPLE WITHOUT EVEN TELLIN' US WHAT HAPPENED IN THE DAMNED FIRST PLACE!!" Nishinoya yelled with tears beginning to well up in his eyes. Tanaka looked up at Nishinoya who was shocked to see tears running down his friends face. After a few seconds he sympathetically loosened his grip.

"So? You have to explain sooner or later you know," Ukai stated when Kageyama stood up suddenly and walked off to get some water. Ukai then looked back to the ones sitting down questionably.
"Kageyama is the one most affected by this incident...he blames it on himself..." Tsukishima whispered. Most of them turned their heads in shock to hear he hadn't taunted Kageyama with the nickname 'King'. Just what had happened?

Suga started to shake slowly and softly while trying to hide the fact that he was sobbing quietly when Nishinoya asked if he was okay. Suga then looked up slowly laughing ever so lightly.
"He was trying to cheer me up."
Daichi, Takeda, Ukai and Nishinoya were the only ones looking at Suga in shock and confusion.

"He was barely able to breathe, he called me strong and he jokingly asked if there was volleyball in the afterlife...he even smiled so brightly and laughed with blood dripping from his mouth, and for a single moment I wanted to laugh with him...I actually thought it'd all be okay" Sugawara smiled to him meekly whilst reaching out as if trying to gasp something in front of him.
"...are those his last words? Will he even come back out here again?" Suga hugged himself softly as salty tears ran down his face.

Takeda and Ukai smiled at each other painfully whilst thinking the same thing
Sounds exactly like something only Hinata would ever do.
The rest of the teammates hugged him one by one, understanding his pain and sorrow. Was their ray of sunshine now swallowed by darkness?

A few hours passed by and the rest of the team gradually arrived when finally the red light on the emergency room sign was turned off. A few doctors walked outside as everybody crowded him asking about Hinata.
The doctors immediately turned to the two adults of the group.
"He is alive and well but due to the amount of blood loss we had to make changes to his, sorry her, body in immediate surg-wait are either of you the guardian of this child? I need to speak with her guardian?"
"What do you mean by 'her'?" questioned Takeda. The doctor turned to look at Takeda with a raised eyebrow.

"I am an emergency guardian of his as I am a coach for the team he is in. Please tell me what the issue is"

"See she is-"