Bryce leaned into her touch making me growl. They all gave me a weird look which I ignored. I don't need to explain myself.

"Can we focus on the case please"

"Alright Lily will go with you guys since she's better at talking to people then you guys"Cameron said indirecting me.

I shrugged.

"Hey! People like me! It's just him"Bryce said again with his mouthful.

I can speak to people but this is sensitive matter and I want people to feel like they can talk to us. I might not be the best choice as I can be quite blunt.

People feel more comfortable talking to a woman then a men, that's a fact so maybe Delilah coming with us is not that bad.

"Bryce honey don't speak when your mouth is full"Delilah spoke to Bryce to which he apologise with his mouthful.

He was right to flush. He swallowed his food then spoke again.

"I'm nice. People like me it's him that they don't"

"You flirt"I argued.

"I make people feel comfortable. You're too stern"he argued back.

Okay so I can be too serious when talking to other people sometimes.

"Cindy is coming with us too."Delilah states using a notice that requires no responses or argument.

"Is that a good idea?"I asked.

She let out a sigh as if she expected someone to disagree with her. That someone to be me. I hide my grin behind my fist.

"She's really good at solving puzzles. She will be useful plus she's my responsibility so I'm not going to let her out of my sight"she said looking at me, her jaw clenched.

"Whatever"

I didn't care if her friend came with or not. I just wanted her to get any kind of reaction from her. It was so easy getting a rise out of Delilah.

"So when we leaving?"Bryce asked "please don't say tonight because Aunty Charlie is making butter chicken curry"he pleads.

My stomach rumbled just hearing about Aunty Charlie's food.

"Tomorrow morning"I said. "So early night!"

"Sir yes sir"Bryce saluted.

Delilah chuckled.

-------------

Lily

Someone cleared their throat and I became more alert. I was too busy focusing on my design that I had no idea that there was someone else in the room with me until they cleared their throat.

I span in my spinning chair to face Liam.

He stood leaning against the door with his usual smirk on. His dark eyes glistening with an insight that I have no part in.

I gulped at the sight of him and the butterflies started playing in my heart and stomach as usual.

There was no doubt in my mind that Liam Jacobs is the most beautiful man I have ever seen. I thought being away from here would help change my mind but nope. It is still the same if not worst. I find him more handsome now than I did then and even then it was too much.

His eyes twinkled when he laughed, his nose straight, his jaw strong and a perfect symmetry to his extremely handsome face. His lips were full and pink, soft from what I could remember from that one time I kissed him when I was thirteen.