Chapter 22:

(Alex's POV)

''Ready!" Minho yelled next to Thomas, raising his barbwire-wrapped club into the air with one hand, a long silver knife in the other. "Now!"

The Keeper ran forward and the rest of us Gladers followed, a tight pack of roaring teenagers charging ahead to a bloody battle, weapons raised.

...

A Griever comes my way and I started shooting arrows to it, when it slammed its tail into me, knocking me onto my back. It came at me again and I barely had time to roll out of the way as its tail slammed down into the ground where I had been.

I quickly drew another arrow from my quiver and waited for the Griever to come at me. When it was close enough I shot an arrow into its eye and I watch as it thrashed around in agony,  hitting the ground with his tail in rage and then fell into the abyss of darkness below.

At the corner of my eye I saw another Griever knocking Chuck over.

''Chuck!'' I cried. He was hanging on to edge off the cliff with both hands clinging on.

I ran over to him and reached one of my hands down as close as I can.

"Grab my hand!'' He slowly lets go of his right hand and reaches for my hand. I gripped his hand and pulled him up on to the cliff safely.

''Come on!'' I pulled him with me as I ran towards the circular metal door.

 There was code pad with numbers angling out enough for someone to type on it.

''Thomas! I need a code! Eight numbers!''

''What?'' He shouted at same time dodging the tail of a Griever.

Now what? Think fast!

''The sequence!'' Thomas said.

''What?'' I shout.

''The sequence of the Maze! Minho!''

 ''7 - 1 - 5 - 2 –'' 

I started typing it.

''Hurry!''

''- 6 - 4 - 8 - 3.''

I finished typed them all in and everything went perfectly silent. 

Then, from somewhere down the dark came the sound of a door sliding open.