Chapter 17:

(Alex's POV)

It was now late night and I sat in bed, book open in lap when I heard yelling coming from outside. Grabbing a book mark I placed it in the novel, quickly closing it and strode outside.

My eyes widened in horror as everyone was running around in a panic. Half the Glade was in flames and Gladers were chased down and killed by... grievers.

The walls, still open.

'This is bad' I said to myself.

Suddenly it hit me. My heart stopped for a minute when I realize Thomas was still in the Slammer.

''Thomas!'' My voice rang out across the Glade.

I ran in direction of the Slammer when I heard his voice.

'' Help! Somebody get me out!'' 

  ...

 "Come on!''  Thomas took my hand as I led him out of the Slammer. 

''We need to find Gally!'' I said, my hands were shaking, and my heart was beating really fast.

''What? "Gally's probably dead'' 

''It's Gally. I know Gally is beyond reason, but he is my friend.''

We started searching frantically for them. But when we didn't get an answer from Newt, Alby, Gally or Minho.

So I started running in any direction to try and find them.

The sound of Gladers screaming and grievers screeching made me grew more desperate.

I finally caught sight of Gally. But his clothes were torn and filthy. He just dropped to his knees and stayed there in the middle of the Glade.

Thomas and I watched as Gally pointed at Thomas with a bloody finger. "You," he said with a sneer. "It's all your fault!"

I ran over to him wanting to pull him into a tight hug but only to be stopped when a Griever landed in front of me. I stopped in a crouching position a couple feet away from it.

''Alex!''

Bloody hell.