The Runaways (Part 2)

Virgil awoke to the sound of clicking. He sat up so quickly that all the blood rushed to his head.
"OW-''
"Woah, easy there Emo,"

Virgil glanced in the direction of the mysterious voice. What appeared to be a female, sat in a marble chair, criss-cross-applesauce.

Her outfit, was the most unusual of sorts.
A giant creamy yellow, poofy skirt billowed out around her black and white striped stockings.
Her shirts sleeves came down to her elbows, with black suspenders. To top it all of, the bowler hat finished the look.
"You've been out for 2 hours."
Virgil's heart rate quickened. Two hours?! Where the hell was he??

"Where the hell am I?!" Virgil demanded.

At that moment, the door burst open. A man, with a leather jacket and sunglasses entered. His whole look screamed cool.

He extended out a pot of coffee. "This might take the edge off honey."
Before Virgil could snarl, and tell this man to not call him honey, the girl scoffed.

"Seriously Remy? The last thing this guy needs. Is coffee. He's light-headed enough as it is."

Virgil couldn't see behind the glasses, but he was pretty sure that Remy rolled his eyes.
"Oh, forgive me Ms. I have healing powers so I'm clearly a certified doctor."
The girl stood up "Don't even go there Remy."

They glared at each other.

"Fine." Remy spoke. And with that, left in a huff.

"Um, excuse me."

The girl jumped. It seemed that she'd forgotten he was there.

"No one has answered my question. I just want to know; WHERE. THE HELL. AM. I."

The girl sighed, and rubbed her temples. "Okay. So you want answers. Well sit down Hot topic, you're in for a wild ride."

Virgil did so.

"Okay, first of all. Hi, I'm Hayley."
"Virgil."
"We know."

This place was giving Virgil the creeps. What did she mean "We know" ???

Hayley interrupted Virgil's thoughts. "And second of all, this is the subconscious."
"Ok. What the hell is that."

"You sure say Hell a lot."

"Thanks captain obvious."

She paused. "Honesty, actually."

Hayley took a shaky breath. "I was born a light side. But I never quite fit in. The sides caught on pretty quickly that honesty wasn't always the best policy."
She fiddled with her hair, desperately trying to look anywhere but him.

Virgil was confused. "But, how can honesty be bad?"

"Being honest can be viewed as pessimistic, or mean. And you know the light-sides. They don't like having anything out of order."

"They kicked me out of the imagination. Thinking I was probably MENt to be a dark side." But they didn't want me either soo..."

"I ran away, and found this place. Emile took me in, and here we are."
"Oh, you'll meet Emile later. He's great, but he can be a total pushover. For now, you need to rest. You look like you got dragged through a lake of blood,

 You look like you got dragged through a lake of blood,

pussy, and crap."

Well no wonder she was honesty.