Chapter 8

"Cuts? I'm not sure I understand what you're talking about." Said Vincent. "Me neither." Added Darryl. Both men shared a similar look of confusion.

The nurse shook their head. "We're assuming that the roses gave him those injuries. Until that is confirmed, we'd like to know if he was acting peculiarly." "He was pretty jumpy around me but that was from... something else." Bad replied. His eyes appeared unfocused as he stared at a spot on the wall. "Mmm. He was a bit antisocial. But he was pretty sick so I wouldn't say that's too odd." A6D contributed, "How bad are the injuries?"

"Most of them are fully healed. However, there are a couple that seem fairly fresh. The main concern is that one of them was almost deep enough to cause him to die." They replied gravely. Darryl gasped lightly. "He could've bled out?" He asked tentatively. Vincent was at a loss for words. The nurse nodded. "I'll let you stay with Zak. If you need to, you can talk to his family."

Darryl nodded solemnly. Slowly he turned to Vincent. "Hey, I'm gonna call his family. They've gotta be worried about Zak." Vincent merely nodded in reply. Darryl left the hospital room began messaging Skeppy's family via Twitter.

Vincent sat down. He looked at Zak, tears welling up in his eyes. "We could've helped you. Zak, Darryl's sorry, hell, I'm sorry for not asking." Vincent said gently. He looked down at the younger boy. "Darryl said you confessed. Sorry it didn't pan out the way you wanted."

After about 20 minutes, Bad came back into the room. He sat next to A6D. "I just called his sister," Started Darryl, "She was really freaked out but is glad he's alive." Vincent looked over to Darryl. "Did she say anything else? Like is she going to come check up on him?" "No. She's busy at her job. She'd come if she had the time but she doesn't have any vacation days."

The duo sat together for quite some time. Eventually, Zak had awoken. The raven haired boy looked over at his friends. "Hey guys. What happened?"

Darryl snapped his head towards Zak. "OH MY GOODNESS YOU'RE AWAKE!!" He exclaimed happily. Skeppy covered his ears and groaned. "Zak! We were so worried about you." Said Vincent.

Zak Sacramento the back of his head. "Sorry for worrying you guys. I feel great now though." He said. "I have a pounding headache though. Maybe a little less BBH and a little more Darryl." "You muffin. I'm the same guy on or off the camera." Replied Bad. His voice was much softer.

"What do you remember?" Asked A6D. "Err. I remember confessing to Darryl and then bam I'm in a hospital. What else happened?" Replied Zak. "You had an attack. It was really bad and we drove you here. It's been about 25 hours since we got here." Answered Darryl. "Jesus Christ. That's not good. Did you guys get enough sleep?" "Darryl and I got maybe 2 hours of sleep. He called your sister and told her what happened. Unfortunately she can't come because of work."

Zak shook his head. "Yeah she's busy trying to prove our reality is just one of many. She thinks we're living in some weird book. Anyway, I feel like a brand new man." Zak said. He stretched a bit as he spoke. Darryl eyed Zak's arm. "Hey Skeppy, are you cutting?" He asked. Skeppy paused before responding.

"I-I was. Back when I was at home. I stole a knife from the kitchen. I-I'm really sorry. I wasn't thinking right." He muttered, "How did you know?" "The nurse told us." Responded Vincent, "Iknow you were stressed about liking Baldy but it was still a terrible thing to do. There's people who care about you. You could've called 1-800-273-8255." A6D said. He was right. If you feel like you have no worth or that life will never get better please call the number above if you are in the US. People love you.

Skeppy sighed. "I know I could've. But it felt like that was the one thing I had control over. By the way, Darryl, it's okay you rejected me. Honestly I don't feel upset about it." Skeppy replied. Tears welled up in Bad's eyes. "Zak. I wasn't going to reject you. I felt the same way about you." He admitted.

Zak blinked a couple times. "Well that's a twist." He mumbled. "Sorry Darryl. I don't feel the same way anymore." Darryl nodded slowly. "That's fine Zak. That's absolutely fine."