Chapter 24

Eren Jeager POV

Today was the day I had to go to court. I have a lot of defense on my side but I have no idea who my mother will have with her. Hanji and Erwin came over pretty frequently this week and I'm pretty confident that we have enough proof that I am providing a stable enough environment for Mikasa and Armin but that doesn't stop me from being nervous. Unfortunately as much as I would've liked to keep Mikasa out of this I knew the judge would call her to the stand so I knew I had to explain everything to her the best way I could. "Eren are you ready to go?" Levi asked.

"Uh define ready."

"It'll be fine let's go, being late wouldn't look good."

"Ah crap you're right, Mika let's go sweetie!" I yelled and she ran out of her room in her prettiest dress and some not so great makeup. "Ah Mika who gave you makeup?"

"Hanji did! She said that it would make me even prettier and that you would love it."

"Oh really, well you did a great job but do you think I could fix it a little in the car? I could put some sparkles on."

"Ok! Let's go!" She yelled and ran to grab her makeup and then ran back out towards the car.

"Looks like I'm driving then." Levi said grabbing the keys. I sat in the back and fixed Mikasa's makeup which was pretty much just me wiping it all off, giving her light pink eyeshadow oh and as promised, glitter which was in her hair (I'll never get that out by the way) and a little on her cheeks.

"There all done."

"Yay! Do you think everyone there will think I'm super pretty? I bet no one else gets to have sparkly hair."

"Yep you'll be the prettiest girl there." With that we pulled up to the court house and all my nerves that Mikasa had distracted me from came back. I shakely got out of the car and picked Armin up out of his car seat and got him to stop fussing before the four of us entered the court house.

~Little time skip because court is boring most of the time.~

It was now Mikasa's turn to go up on stand this was a good and bad thing. Good because she was the last one up and had finished her little comic book so she was getting restless and bad because I never wanted her to have to do this in the first place. I think things have been going pretty good for us, the judge was pretty nice so far and the jury seemed to be on our side of things.

Mikasa was ok when she was walking up to the stand but the second she saw all the people she got nervous and apparently I was the only one that could tell so I raised my hand and stood up. "Mikasa is scared can I please have permission to go calm her, it won't take long." I pleaded and the judge looked at Mikasa before giving me permission. "Hey sweetheart what's the matter?" I asked quietly so the entire room didn't hear.

"There's a lot of people bubba." She said with tears filling her eyes.

"I know Mika, I know but remember all you have to do is talk to Mr.Springer ok? He just wants to ask some questions." I said and she just shook her head.

"I don't wanna anymore." She said.

"Hmm let's see, what do you wanna do then?" I asked.

"I wanna go get icecream and then I wanna go play with Annie my best friend and also Annie the kitten." She said and I could tell she was already starting to calm down which was a relief.

"Well then how about if you answer all of Mr.Springer's questions and are super brave then after this I'll take you to your favorite icecream place and you can get any kind of icecream you want."

"Really?! Any kind?!" She yelled getting excited which made a few people in the jury giggle.

"Yep and then we can pick up Annie and she can stay over at our house and you to can both play with the kitten. Does that sound like a deal?" I asked and she shook her head up and down super fast which made me giggle. "Awesome." I said standing up. "Sorry about that, I think we are ready now." I patted Mikasa on her head and started walking back to my seat. "Mention the glitter in her hair." I whispered to Mr.Springer as I passed him and he nodded in understanding as he approached Mikasa.

"Good work Eren she looks a lot happier now." Levi whispered once I sat down.

"I just hope she holds up through the questioning."

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Word Count: 819