Chapter 8: There lived a boy in a castle

The front door was unlocked so I walked in and prepared my weapons for the war zone I was inevitably walking in to.

Right away, I saw a mess. There were feathers strewn all across the entryway, along with some sticky red substance and a stray hot-dog.

I followed the trail of feathers into the living room, which is where everything was going down. I saw 5 little kids jumping up and down on a figure curled up in a ball on the couch. None of them had noticed my presence yet.

I took this opportunity to survey the mess. There was even more feathers and what I know realized was ketchup in the living room. One of the end tables was lying on the floor. Pillows and blankets were everywhere, and there was a movie playing on the TV that I guarantee none of them were watching anymore.

I cleared a path and walked over to the kids. I brought my fingers to my lips and whistled as loud as I could. "Hey! Get off him!"

Almost immediately, all the kids scrambled off the person and faced me. "Who are you?" a little girl with her front teeth missing asked me. "I'm your babysitter for the evening. Now, whoever cleans up this mess the fastest gets ice cream for dinner. Go!"

The kids ran around me to go get cleaning supplies. Ha! That works every time. Kids are so simple. I looked over at the couch and saw the figure getting up. Turns out it was Parker. "Thank god you're here. They almost killed me when I tried to give them hot dogs."

"Yeah I know. I heard that girly scream you let out." I laughed at his appearance. His hair and clothes were disheveled from the kids. "That was not me! " he exclaimed, but I could see the hint of blush that was creeping up his cheeks.

"Anyways, how did you do that? They never listen to me when I tell them to clean up."

"Kids are simple. Bribe them with the thought of something sugary and they will do anything you tell them to. You also have to appear confident and like you won't let them bull doze all over you, which from the looks of it, is what you do."

"Whatever," he mumbled. Running his fingers through his hair, he quickly fixed it and then grabbed his keys. "I'll be back around 10. Just keep them occupied while I'm gone. Also, don't let Haru have any sugar. You don't want to know what happens when he has some."

He practically sprinted out of the house when he finished talking to me. There's no way his siblings could actually be that bad. They were already cleaning up their mess. I grabbed some of the supplies they got out and started helping them clean up the mess they made.

After an hour, we finally got everything cleaned up and put away. "So, what do you guys want for dinner?"

"Burgers!" They all shouted in unison. Thank god none of them said ice cream. I wasn't actually going to give it to them. I just said that so they would clean up.

"Alright I'll make you guys some, but before we do that I need to know all your names and ages. Let's start with you." I pointed the little boy on the far left.

"I'm Akira and I'm 8."

And it went like that for the rest of the kids. After Akira, there was the twins. Jason and Ami (5), Jackson (4), and the youngest was Haru, 2.

They were all adorable in there own ways. Akira had really light skin, a lot lighter than his siblings, and you could tell he inherited more of the Japanese genes than the rest of his siblings. Everyone else had some form of chocolate/ tan skin.

They did, however, all have the same ember eyes and dark, curly hair. You could tell they were all siblings.

Anyways, I got to work with some help from the kids. Since it was my first time in the kitchen, they helped me get all the supplies out that I needed. The older kids were more eager to help me than the younger ones.