V

My friends and I were now sat at the bar, on the stools which were proving to be rather uncomfortable, each with a beer in our hands taking the occasional sip

My friends and I were now sat at the bar, on the stools which were proving to be rather uncomfortable, each with a beer in our hands taking the occasional sip. Lucian and Kane bickered like children over something, I wasn't sure what, because I'd tuned out of the conversation a while ago.

My eyes were wandering around the bar that we'd found ourselves in and caught those of some girl who was sat in the booth with her friends. A few seconds later I saw her attempt to subtly point me and my friends out to hers.

A light chuckle escaped me, as I turned my head back around to the two losers I was here with.

"Where's Jasper anyway, I thought it wasn't just going to be just you two dickheads?" I asked.

"He's with his girlfriend, where else would he be?" Lucian replied.

"Oh shut up Lucian, you're just jealous that you can't get a girlfriend" Kane retorted.

"And you can?" I snickered while shaking me head "What was it this time, that you two were both just arguing anyway?"

"Kane over here said that he was going to go over to those girls," he said gesturing with a nod of his head to them, "and get one of their numbers and I said, there is no way in hell that that will happen because let's face it, who would "

My eyes shifted towards the group again and one of them had twisted her head round and blue eyes met mine. However, she then quickly spun her head back to face the opposite direction.

It was the girl from earlier, what was her name again? Camila? Caitlin? Who am I kidding, I knew it was Calista, I'd only met her around 20 minutes ago, and with the little altercation we had it was hard to forget.

"They're students you know, I doubt they'd have an interest in the two of you, you're both in your thirties." I replied.

"Valen, mate, you're turning 30 soon. Stop acting like you're so much younger than us"

I rolled my eyes the two of them, always reminding me that I was only getting older. "Fuck off. It's still not going to happen."

"Watch me, I'm gonna get the one in the skirt's number" he stated, obviously irritated that Lucian and I didn't believe him one bit.

Kane's beer was placed harshly down onto the wooden bar in front of us, and he then got down off of his stool, mumbling an "I'll show you" under his breath. He began making his way over to the booth where they were sat.

My eyes followed him as he did so and I noticed 'the one in the skirt' was Calista.

I unsure of as to why, but I was hoping that she didn't give him her number, and I doubt that the reason was only that I wanted to see my friend humiliated. It was probably because she seemed like stuck up girl and I didn't want that for my friend. Yeah, sure Valen.