ᴏɴᴇ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀʟʟ

'And that's the story on how I became number one hero.' Rain poured down as he stood in front of a grave. It was small with many flowers around it, though they were drooping due to the flooding from the rain. Flowers were in his own hands as he stared blankly at the grave, water running down his cheeks in replacement of tears.

'At least, that's how the nerd would have told it.' Katsuki thought. He put the flowers on Izuku's grave, the faded colors blending in with each other.

A hand was placed on Katsuki's shoulder, attempting to comfort the blonde. He looked over, seeing Shoto smiling at him sadly. For once, the blonde didn't shrug it off.

He was snapped out of his trance, remembering that he was at a public funeral. He pushed Shoto's hand away, eyes roaming the graveyard, finally landing on Inko.

He walked to the crying mother, wrapping his arms around the short woman. Inko turned into his embrace as she cried.

~~~~~

Class had been cancelled for two weeks, giving them time to grieve. The only problem was that with one of their students killed and the villains still planning to attack, they had to stay at the dorms. They weren't allowed to go home, grieve with their parents that one of their classmates, friends were dead.

Katsuki sat on his bed, room dark, door locked, isolated from the rest of the world and left alone with his thoughts and stupid feelings.

The blonde wanted to cry but he didn't think he had any tears left. Katsuki couldn't even cry if he wanted to, too numb to do anything, eat, drink, move. It was all out of the question as Katsuki buried his head in his arms, which held his knees up to his chest.

A knock on the door startled him, looking up from his arms. He waited a few moments before another quiet knock came. Katsuki sighed, burying his face back in his arms.

Rays of light peeked into the room as the door slowly opened. "Katsuki?" Shoto asked quietly. When he entered, he saw the blonde sitting on the floor, knees pulled up to his chest as if a protective reflex.

He walked forward, kneeling down in front of Katsuki."Hey, how are you feeling?" Shoto asked gently, putting his hand on the blondes shoulder.

Katsuki didn't answer, taking in a shaky breathe. He shrugged off Shoto's hand. "Get away from me." He mumbled.

Katsuki didn't want to be alone, especially if his boyfriend was offering reassurance. He knew Shoto was hurting too and he knew it was selfish of him to do this but he couldn't bring himself to be better. He couldn't bring himself to hold it in, to bottle it up. He didn't know how to help Shoto, despite the heterochromatic dealing with this better than he was. At least, thats what it seemed like.

"Katsuki, please." Shoto said, his tone sounding broken. "I know it hurts, just please, talk to me." His voice broke as he wrapped his arms around Katsuki.

Katsuki returned the gesture after a moment, wrapping his arms around Todoroki. He buried his face in Shoto's neck, trying to hold in the tears that suddenly appeared.

Shoto's shoulders shook as he tried to hold back tears, wanting to be strong for Katsuki's sake. He didn't know how to comfort people, being raised in a not so ideal family.

His father always told him that crying was a weakness. He's gotten better at being a father but its still etched into his brain, like stitches. Though, Enji is the reason Shoto thinks it's okay to cry. Anything his father said had to be wrong.

Shoto held Katsuki tighter, trying to let the blonde know it was okay to cry. The heterochromatic didn't have to say anything, knowing the blonde didn't want to talk.

A tear ran down Shoto's cheeks, though he hid his face in Katsuki's hair. He wanted to help the blonde, he wasn't going to cry and escalate anything. He tightened his grip on Katsuki in reassurance for both him and the blonde. "It's okay... It's okay." He whispered.

"No! It's not okay!" Katsuki shouted, voice cracking as he cried. "It's okay, this will never be okay! Deku is dead, Shoto. Dead!" He cried, pushing the heterochromatic away. It vexed Katsuki that Shoto wasn't bothered by this. Well, Katsuki had more guilt since it was his fault Deku died. "If I had been more competent then he wouldn't have fucking died!" He yelled.

"That is not true!" Shoto yelled, grabbing the sides of Katsuki's face and forcing him to look at him. "None of this is your fault." The tears finally ran down his face as he stared into the ruby eyes of his boyfriend. "None of it."

"You're only saying that because you're supposed to." Katsuki whispered. He stood up shakily, going over to his bed and falling onto it, face hidden in a pillow. "I saw it happen and didn't do anything because I was too fucking weak." His voice was muffled in the pillow as he talked. The blonde loooked over when he felt a dip in the bed beside him.

"You aren't weak, it's called the fight or flight response. When a someone is stressed or scared a hormone is released that triggers a response to either run or freeze in place. It's a natural reaction that everybody has and nothing is wrong with it-" Shoto explained but was interrupted when Katsuki quickly sat up and glared at the dual haired boy.

"I wasn't scared and I already know all of that, you stupid half 'n half bastard!" Katsuki yelled, punching Shoto's shoulder hard enough to almost push him off the bed. "Why are you here, I want you to leave."

"I'm here because I care." Shoto said gently, scooting closer to the blonde. "And... I know you don't mean that." He held out his arms, waiting for Katsuki to lean into him. The ruby eyed only stared at it for a few seconds, glaring at Shoto's hands. After a moment, Katsuki shook his head and moved closer, wrapping his arms around the dual haired. Shoto returned the gesture gratefully, making sure that Katsuki felt safe.

At the moment, that's all he could do.

~~~~~~

1049 words

I've been working on this for a while so I hope you fucking enjoyed it.

-bvkuto
9/2/20