Splitting up

TW: Yelling, Fainting, Cursing, Hospital mention

Is it bad that I don't feel bad for lashing out at Patton and Emile? They were being invasive, even if they were trying to help. They should have respected my space. I wake up from a nap a few hours later and stumble over to the kitchen, grabbing a glass and gently pushing back on the ice dispenser to get some, then adding water. When I start to drink it, Logan steps into the kitchen, waiting for me to finish my glass of water before he speaks.

I acknowledge this, turning to face him as he speaks. "We wish to have a house meeting in the living room now that you are awake."
"Oh, uhm, okay." I say, following him and sitting down cross-legged where I was just napping ten minutes ago. What do they want to talk about? Why is it so formal? These questions amongst othes spiral in my head as Janus jumps onto the couch from behind me. "So, Logan, what's up?" He says.

Remus comes out of one of the corridors and sits on the sofa aswell. "We're just waiting for Roman and Patton, then we will explain." Logan says, matter-o-factly. The three of us look to eachother, are they all in on something that we arent?

Soon enough, Patton and Logan come out from the room they slept in, looking guilty. Emile and Remy are both at work, so we have the whole apartment to oursleves.
"What's up, then, guys?" Remus asks them. None of them speak for a while, then Logan does.

"We came to the descision that it would be most beneficial for us to split up and continue our time on the run seperately. Patton, Roman and I shall go in one group and you three could form another."
"Wh-what?"
"We- we just think that all six of us are too recogniseable together, kiddo."

Then, I speak without thinking. "No. You three, the three that the government doesn't have pictures of, want to leave behind me, because I'm recongiseable as someone with powers," then Janus cuts in to continue.
"You want to leave me behind for the same reasons as Virgil and because my condition is a massive liability and hiderance to you, isn't it?" Roman opens his mouth to speak, but Remus inturrupts.
"And you wanted to leave me behind because I don't get along with you three that well, and because it makes you more recogniseable."

None of them speak.

"That's true, isn't it?" I ask, my eyes darting between them.

"Kiddo, we-"

"WE AREN'T YOUR 'KIDDOS' PATTON, YOU KNOW WHY?" Janus yells, standing up. He doesn't wait for an answer. "BECAUSE PEOPLE CARE ABOUT THEIR 'KIDDOS.' None of you even care, do you! You just want to walk around without having us burdending you! All you.. all you- all.." The snake-faced boy stops yelling and slowly moves his hands to his head. Remus stands up, placing the back of his hand on his friend's forehead.

"..Shit.." Is all Janus says under his breath before falling backwards onto the couch. Patton looks upset and walks towards the unconcious boy. Remus stops him.
"It's fine, Patton. We'll look after him because WE actually care about him." He says, very passive-agressively.

I decide it's my time to talk. "I did some research, and you guys do realise that he's meant to go to the hospital every time he passes out like that?"

"Yes, we are aware. I'm also aware that he has been falling unconcious at around 23.45% more often than he did this time last month. Which, is deeply concerning.. However, we cannot exactly take him to a hospital."
"No shit, sherlock!" Remus yells.
"That is not my name, and I don't appriciate being yelled at for stating facts."

"You don't think I'm worried about him?! I'm really worried about him! He needs medical help, but he can't get it, so there's no point in stating the obvious!"
"Remus, calm down." Roman says, stepping backwards.

Just then, Janus mumbles something in his sleep. "No.. don't.. don't take me away.. Momma.. mm." We all snap our heads around to look at him.

"Besides, even if we somehow found a hospital that wouldn't rat us out, he wouldn't let us take him to one." Remus says.
"Why..?" I ask.
"Don't tell him I told you, but he only ever spent five years at a lab because his parents had to take him to a hospital when he kept passing out. And, obviously, the hospial did what they could to help, all that was was giving him a diagnosis, then dragging him away from his parents."

Oh.

"I don't even know why I'm telling you this, as soon as Janus wakes up, we're leaving. You three clearly want nothing to do with us."
"That isn't true!" Roman protests.
"Really?" I say, my voice picking up volume. "Then, why did you want to split up?"

Then the jangle of keys in the door can be heard, and it swings open to reveal a softly humming Emile.

-----------

Sorry this chapter was so intense, but I really want to get the story moving! Also, sorry for not doing a proper flashback for Janus. I might in a future chapter, but we'll see!

Stay safe!