Chapter 1: Unexpected Proposal

"Devyn!" My best friend, Myra rushed to me as I entered the school's gate.

"Why are you shouting?" I hissed at her. I looked around us, having a bright view of the students smiling at me.

"Just follow me." I looked at her curiously while following her, with the stares getting to increase.

"What's the rush anyway Myra?" I asked her for the third time. I tried to act cool as the bell rings.

"Don't worry, she asked the permission of Mr.Gregory for this." She excitedly said.

"What do you mean-"

I was cut off by my own words when I saw Raye, the head cheerleader, slowly approaching where we are standing.

I stopped walking, making Myra stop on her tracks too. I squeezed my eyes shut for a brief moment, hoping that this is just a dream.

I opened them and the students are creating an aisle, making it look like a wedding setup.

"Oh, my fu- What the hell is going on?!" I whispered to Myra. She ignores me as her stare is fixed to the girl approaching us.

"What should I do!?" I panicky asked my friend whose eyes are still glued to the incoming person.

"Duh, say yes." She said as if it's normal for anyone to be in this position.

"I don't freaking-"

Raye arrived in front of us, or should I say me. I looked for Myra but she was already in the crowd, smiling while raising her thumbs up.

Eh?

Raye did a performance along with a boy band who are now behind her.

I was just standing in the same position, as I looked awkwardly at the girl in front.

"I want to be your everything, will you be my girlfriend Devyn?" I can sense the pure desperation in her voice.

"Say yes, say yes, say yes!" The students around us are starting to chant, which made the girl more confident and motivated.

I just stared at her with a questioning look. I really didn't expect that this will be happening. Especially in the first period.

"Uh, Devyn? Are you still there?" She looked at me with worry.

I'm starting to think that Myra has something to do with this since she has a connection with the cheerleaders here.

She cleared her throat and composed herself. She passed the microphone to some students. The next thing I knew is she brought out a small matte black box. Earning a few 'Awe' from the crowd.

She was already on her knees as she opened the box, revealing a ring that is probably much expensive than my dream guitar.

"Will you be my girlfriend Devyn?" She flashed me a smile full of hope.

I was waiting for someone to shout 'Sike' or 'Ha! You thought!' But the hallway went quiet, waiting for my answer.

Their eyes held both excitement and hope. I turned to my back and looked at my best friend. When she saw my nervous face, she stopped smiling.

I turned back to Raye who is waiting patiently for my answer. I tried my best to keep a low profile in this school, yet this happened.

I let out a huge sigh and finally answered her.

"I'm sorry Raye, but no."