Chapter Seven: Night School

My phone buzzed and I frowned, reading Scott's text.

From Scott:
Emergency at the school, please help

I jumped to my feet, bumping into my uncle. 'Hey, Uncle Chris. Uh, Lydia has an emergency and asked for my help, is it okay if I take the car?' He sighed, smiled and nodded, stepping aside to let me leave the house.

——————

I frowned, walking as quietly as possible through the school halways, making my way to the lobby. A figure ran into me and I had to cover my mouth to stop myself from yelping. 'Allison?' I whispered, 'What the hell are you doing here?' She held up her phone, showing Scott's text. I showed her mine too.

Opening another door, we stepped into the lobby and came across Scott and Stiles. 'Why did you come? What are you doing here?' Scott asked frantically.

'Because you asked us to...'

'I asked you to?' he looked confused. We both nodded, holding our phones up to show the texts.

'Why do I get the feeling you didn't write these messages?' I asked nervously.

He sighed, 'Because I didn't.'

Stiles cut in, looking at me worriedly, 'Did you drive here?'

I nodded, but Allison repied, 'Jackson did.'

'Jackson's here too?'

'And Lydia. What's going on? Who sent those texts?' Her phone started ringing and she immediately answered, 'Where are you?'

The flew open as Lydia and Jackson rushed in, 'Finally, can we go now?'

A creaking sound was heard overhead. As if something was in the ceiling. 'Run!' Scott yelled, grabbing Allison's hand before doing so, Stiles did the same with me.

As we sprinted along the empty corridors, we heard barking and growling as the giant creature chased after us. We entered a room and immediately started to barricade the door, the others ignoring Stiles as he begged us to stop.

'Hello!' he yelled, 'Okay, nice work. Really beautiful job, everyone. Now, what should we do about the 20 foot wall of windows?' he gestured towards them indignantly.

'Can somebody please explain to me what's going on? Because I'm freaking out here. And I would really like to know why. Scott?' Allison gasped, on the verge of tears.

Stiles frowned, gently squeezing my hand before letting it go, 'Somebody killed the janitor.'

'What?'

'Yeah, the janitor's dead.' I listened to his heart beat, he wasn't lying.

'What's he talking about? Is this a joke?' Allison cried.

Jackson frowned, 'What, who killed him?'

Lydia started hyperventilating, 'No, no, no, no, no. This... this was supposed to be over. The mountain lion killed...'

'Don't you get it? There wasn't a mountain lion,' Jackson snapped.

'Who was it? What does he want? What's happening? Scott!'

He began to stammer, 'I-I don't know. I just... if we go out there, he's going to kill us.'

'Us? He's gonna kill us? Who? Who is it?'

Scott stayed silent for a moment before saying, 'It's Derek. It's Derek Hale.'

'Derek killed the janitor? Are you sure?'