THREE

It started raining and even though I would have loved to stay up here I knew that it would end with me staying in bed for the next two days at least. My immunsystem isn't and has never been the best if I can put it like that.

Back in my apartment I decided to eat something. I made my way into the kitchen and I was oddly excited for my there waiting favorite food. Ramen noodles. Acutally a not- too common thing. I'm not talking about me eating, dont worry. More the fact that I was acutally excited. My apatite and eating habits in general have change since last year Christmas. Not worth thinkig about it again but now that I basically brought this topic up I can't stop thinkin-

My anyway, unnecessary thoughts got disturbed by a harsh knock on my door. The knock surprised me because most of my visitors (not many) don't know that my doorbell is broken. (A plus for me, acutally) This person tho, was pretty familiar with the conditions the big caramel-brown piece of wood, that separated me from any civilization, was in. That fact sacred me if im being all honest. I opened to door fast, not because I desperately wanted to see who's beind (would also make no sense since i already know exactly who im going to face now) but because I didn't want to upset that women even more. Mrs. Marton. Casandra Marton, my landlord. Wich I didn't pay two times already... and of course, that's what she's here for: her money.

"Maddie," she sighted. "You know, I'm aware of the circumstances under wich you had to move here, that it was fast (the street my other apartment was placed in got sold and we had to leave), you're a student and everything, but I'm telling you again: I can't always look away. I have to give the people above me numbers, you know? If I'd be my own boss things would-"

"be different, I know." I stopped her kinda dramatic speech and took the last words out of her mouth. "Im paying you. Give me a day. I just got back home and you know that i recently got fired for whatever reason." It was hard enough to find something new as a college student. Yea, the past month wasn't really on my side. On the other hand, I didnt like him either. I'm talking about September. Everyone I know is born in that month and I dont know its just so much trouble. September is also the last warm month here in NewYork, wich makes me hate him even more. I've always hated the warm weather but when its your last hot month its taking so much longer to pass. I seriously need to stop complaining wth.

"Well, in case you can't pay the rent for the past and this month by 6pm tomorrow.. you'll have to leave, Maddison."

"Thank you. I'll make sure to hand it over to you on time, I promise, Cas."

Back then, I didn't know that I wont be able to keep that promise, yet.

|For everybody that wants a 'positive'story. Im sorry to disappoint. I recommend to stop reading here, cs it wont get a lot happier, if im being honest haha.