Chapter 9

To say that I'm happy is an underestimation of my emotions right now.

I am so overjoyed and happy that I actually got to meet Mako in person! I love his songs, especially one of his new releases, 'Apparently'. What's more memorable is that he also asked me out, sure it wasn't actually a date! But I'm pretty sure no person would go out with a fan! Even if it was just as friends, I can't wait tell my friends that I met him!

I walk into my hotel room and greet Ashido and Momo, both are laying on the bed looking at their phones.

"Hey guys!" I say to them.

"Hey! Where have you been?" Momo and Ashido ask me.

"Yeah, I was just walking around the city." I say, "But guess what happened on the way?"

"What?" They both express their interest.

Then I say the entire story of me and Mako, how we bumped into each other and started talking, It was very difficult trying to hold in my laugh when I saw their jealous faces. The whole time I brag about my meeting, I smile and laugh loudly and joyfully. I haven't been this happy in such a long time!

"You should ask him out!" Ashido suddenly suggests, leaving me shocked.

"I mean... You guys kinda called me out of nowhere when I was with him, and I had no idea what to do." I clarified, "So I kinda gave him my numb-"

"AHHHH!" Pinky interrupted me, squealing in pure excitement.

"Jirou." Momo tells me sternly, "You know you just gave your number to a person who is well known in media? What if someone saw you with him? News outlets would go insane over this, and we are already busy with finding Midoriya. We don't want anything to get in our way."

Shit, she's right. I got distracted from the main objective that we were assigned to by Aizawa and went out with Mako, when I should've been looking for Midoriya. It's my fault, and I will take the consequences...

"You seem to be fun at parties." Ashido makes a sarcastic comment towards Momo. In return, she receives a scary look.

"No." I step in, "She's right. I made a stupid decision. I'm sorry. I should've been working to find Midoriya, not hanging out with some random musician..."

"It's fine." Momo accepts my apology, "As long as it doesn't get in our way. I think it will be fine to hang out with him when you have the chance. Okay?"

"Mhm. Yeah okay." I mutter.

Deku's perspective. 2 months later.

I was listening to music and browsing the internet in the lounge room when Hito walked up to me and said that there was a stranger that wanted to see me. I stood up from my massive blue bean bag and quickly walked to the front entrance to see the paparazzi man, except the guy was looking a lot better than the last time I saw him.

"Hey man. What's going on?" I ask the guy.

All of sudden, the man bows down towards me.

"I'm so sorry, I should have never invaded your privacy!" The man apologises. "It was a ridiculous thing of me to do and I'm sorry!"

"Hey man. It's fine." I respond startled, "But you look a lot better than when I last met you."

He laughs in response. "I've been doing really well recently, you see I was working for my friend and he owns a celeb magazine. After that beatdown from you, I realised that what I was doing was wrong and I told my friend that I quit. Since then, I got a new job as a event photographer and I've been meeting someone lately. Thank you for everything."

"Hey I don't know what I did to receive thanks from you, but I'm glad that you got your life together!" My white haired self said to the man. I handed my number to him. "If you need anything, call me. Yeah? And what's your name?"

"My name's Jamie! And yeah, I'll contact you if I need it! Thanks! See ya mate!"

Then he walks away, enters his car and drives away. I smile and walk back into my house.

"Hey." Hito greets me, "Why are you smiling?"

I shrugged and laughed. "Oh it's nothing. Let's record that song yeah? And also, I wonder where's Bex?"

"Oh." Hito chuckles, "She's in her room surrounded with Oreos. She's on her period."
We both burst out laughing and start making fun of her.

"OI I HEAR YOU CUNTS!" a shout is heard from upstairs. Making us laugh harder.

"Alright, let's get on with it yeah?" I say. We both head to the studio to record a song that I wrote called "Always Like This".

Oh she can wait
For what I can give
She knows what I am but
She won't believe me
Is it all ok?
Will I come off the lightest?
I can't believe it
It's always like this

Kept it at bay
Yes you kept your words
There on your mouth
But it's not what I heard

If I follow the light
That I deem the brightest
I won't believe that
It's always like this

I'm not whole
I'm not whole
You waste it all

I'm not whole
I'm not whole
You waste it all

I'm not whole

Oh she can wait
For what I can give
She knows what I am but
She won't believe me
Is it all ok?
Will I come off the lightest?
I can't believe it
It's always like this

I'm not whole
I'm not whole
You waste it all

I'm not whole
I'm not whole
You waste it all

I'm not whole

We finish the song when Bex comes down to the studio. She looks like she cried the Nile River.

"Hey Bex. You okay?" I ask very concerned. She's quiet for quite a moment until she finally whispers an answer.

"Periods suck." HAHAHAHA.

"At least you got free oreos!" My attempt at cheering her up was very rusty, in fact the cheering up was almost non existent.

"I hate oreos." She whimpers.

I turn around to see Hito wandering around and whistling to himself. Definitely guilty. 

"Ouch. What do you want to eat?" I ask her, while she's cuddling a shiba pillow. 

"Bubble tea." Her voice is muffled in the cute dog pillow. Then Hito suggests something that makes me burst out laughing.

"What about that Oreo starbucks drink that just came out?"