Chapter Two

"Zara!"

"Yeah Dad?"

"Come down!"

I walk down the stairs to the kitchen.
"Wassup?"

"Eat."

"K."
I sit down and eat my breakfast. I think long and hard for what I'm about to say next, because this could be life changing. "Dad?"

"Hm?"

"Could I visit Beacon Hills?"
He spits his coffee out all over the table.

"NO!"

"Why not?"

"Because I said so."

"But dad, I'm nineteen now so-"

"I SAID NO." He screams in my face. I've never seen him this angry. Which makes my temper flare up. I storm out of the room and go back upstairs. I don't care what he says! I have my own car! I can drive for all I care!! But really, I need a plane ticket, that's all the way in California. Forget it. I'm packing tonight.

I went to the daycare to tell my manager that I need a few weeks off. I really don't know how long I'll be there. She's didn't even seem to care that I would be gone. Pfft, New York.

*Later that Night*

I have my plane ticket, my bag, and everything I need. It's time to go home. I put my one small backpack in the trunk of my car and leave my dad a note on the fridge. I'm going if he likes it or not. I drive 45 minutes to the nearest airport and get on my plane. This is going to be a long ride.

1:35 am
Myia

WHERE ARE YOU?

On my way to Beacon Hills.

Why didn't you tell anybody?!?

   Cause i wanted to go alone?

I hate you.

Right back at ya.

That's Myia, she's one of my friends from NY. I guess dad saw the note. Pfft, to late now. I'm about an hour away from Cali, and I'll just walk....
CRAP. I don't know where I'm staying! Ugh, I guess I'll just walk around town and find a place to stay. I mean, I know the place like the back of my hand.... I think.

So, I'm now in the middle of the woods, late at night, and have no fricking clue where I am. How stupid could I be? I should be at home, in the bed, asleep. I see an old tree looking stump and lay down next to it. Jesus, this must have been a ginormous tree. I hear a twig snap from near me. "Hello?" Wow, that was stupid. I look around for a moment. I don't see anything so I lay my head back down. It must have been my imagin- I hear a low growling noise very close to me. I slowly open my eyes to see red eyes in the distance. What the heck is that!! I stand up from the tree, the eyes are getting closer. It's ok, I was a cross country kid, I can out run this thing, for sure. Boy, was I wrong. As soon as I went to run, the red eyed thing leaped in the air and grabbed ahold of my ankle.

"AHHH" I scream in pain. It freaking bit me!! It drops me and leaves without taking me with it. What animal bites it's prey and then leaves it there?? I have no fricking clue. I heard footsteps coming near me.

"Help." I manage to say. Now I've broke many bones in my life, but this doesn't compare to anything I've ever felt before. I see a dark haired guy come towards me. I hear him curse under his breath and pull out a phone.

"Scott?" The older guy says. "Hey we got a problem in the woods.." the person on the other line started to talk. He hangs up the phone and moves closer to me. "Do you know what bit you?" He asks. I say the dumbest thing I could've possibly said.

"Red eyes." He looks around and ten holds out his hand.

"My names Derek, can you tell me yours?" Derek asks.

"Zara..." I can tell I'm going to pass out soon.

"Ok then... Zara. Me and some friends are going to help you. Just stay awake ok?"

"Ok." Minutes pass and still no sign of the Scott kid. After what seems like forever, a group of kids my age start running towards us.

"Hey! My names-"

"Liam! No time for introductions, we need to get her to the Animal Clinic." Dang poor Liam, he didn't even to finish his sentence. Taking a closer look at Liam, he actually seems to be a year younger than the rest.

"I'm sorry but I'm not an animal." I say. What a great time to be me.

"Yeah we'll see." Liam says.

"Liam!" Everyone yells. Jesus, there must be like eight people here.

"Scott you carry her. The rest of us can drive." Derek says. A boy, who I guess is Scott, comes over to me and lifts me up.

"Just stay awake ok?"

"I would rather black out." I say.

"I kinda like her." The Liam kid says.

On the way to the animal clinic I'm constantly in and out of consciousness. Once we finally get inside, I'm layed on a table with a bright light. I hear all of the people from the woods talking around me. I look and see a brown faced man looking down at me.

"Well, guess you guys have a new member in the pack."

The last thing I remember saying before blacking out is,

"What?"