Chapter 45 - Durin's Evening

A/N - Heyyyyy, look, I've crawled out of my cave and finally gave the update everyone was begging for! 

Before this starts, I'd like to say thank to everyone who has read, liked and commented on this book. This started as a girl who loved the Middle Earth fandom (as you should when you live in Middle Earth) and fell in love with Kili and decided to write a fanfiction when she couldn't find many to read herself, but it turned into so much more...

I feel so bad that it took this long to post this update but as you know...writers block is a real- well...we won't get into that. But here you go, I'll try and update and finish this book, under 10 chapters...probs 5 more to go 😊. 

Now..let the Middle Earth magic begin:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stared into the mirror, watching the reflection of my friend pacing in her dress. I rolled my eyes with a little giggle. Her off-shoulder velvet dress hugged her small figure, the fabric falling from her waist like a waterfall, the white gems embroidered into the fabric shone in the light from the candle chandelier. My eyes then fell on my reflection once again, my dress having the majority of gems embroidered around my chest and shoulder instead of the waist, the royal blue fabric hugged around my chest and waist, before also cascading down to the floor in a similar make to (BF/N)'s dress.

 My eyes then fell on my reflection once again, my dress having the majority of gems embroidered around my chest and shoulder instead of the waist, the royal blue fabric hugged around my chest and waist, before also cascading down to the floor in ...

(BF/N)'s panicked voice pulled me from my thoughts, my attention turned once again to her frantic pacing causing me to cover my mouth in an attempt to contain my laughter.

"And what about the dances, is there a certain way to-" She stopped for a second pausing to look at me, the expression on her face making me lose what control I had on my laughter and double over in a fit of giggles. "(Y/N), this isn't funny, you're meant to be helping me. You're a third dwarf, plus you've been to one of their dances before! You know what's going on, I don't," I felt her hand on my shoulder as she started to shake me, "Pull yourself together girl!"

"You should be taking your own advice you know," I laughed, she glared at me for a second before sighing and sitting on the bed, crinkling the sheets and her red velvet dress as she placed her head in her hands.

"You're right...as per usual," I smiled at my stressing friend before pulling her up off the bed and to the mirror.

"Deep breaths, you weren't this stressed when you first came in or when the maids came in to help us dress, what's wrong?"

"I just...Nothing like this has ever happened to me before. We don't exactly have glamorous things in the Shire," She said as I wrapped my arms around her waist, staring at our reflections.

"Not to mention, there are no princes in the Shire that are falling at our feet or planning to put courting beads in our hair," I felt a sharp jab to my stomach, I laughed through the pain

"Not funny!" (BF/N0 said retracting her arm, She shook her head turning back to me, "Since when you become the teasing one?"

"The writer's fault, don't worry, she'll probably turn my back into a gushing mess when we bump into Kili and Fili," I said, (BF/N) turned to me in confusion