××××

Soon enough he was peering down into his bathroom sink, eyes lighting up at how free he felt; (Y/n) was one step closer to being who he really was.

When he looked back in the mirror, he did his best to adjust the layers of (h/c) hair into a suitable style.

"A little choppy and uneven, but other than that, it looks pretty good!" He smiled brightly at himself before turning on his phone and staring shocked at the glowing screen.

"Woah shit! It's already past one in the morning!?" He shouted, quickly slapping a hand over his mouth in realization that his parents are probably asleep.

"Guess I should get my ass to bed before Maka chews me out for not sleeping again.." He sighed.

After he took a - much quicker than usual - shower, he kept his eyes closed as he threw on an oversized sweatshirt and a clean pair of boxers before jumping into bed and falling asleep.

××××

Walking into to school with a little more confidence, after somehow managing to sneak his way past his parents, Black*Star and Soul ran up to him with expressions that were simply too much to describe..

"WOAH! (Y/N) YOU CUT YOUR HAIR!? DO YOUR PARENTS KNOW!?" The blue haired teen shouted, poking at the (fluffy/spikey/tame, etc.) locks.

"I just can't believe you actually did it!" Soul stared wide-eyed at the (shorter/taller), getting a slight feeling of worry in his gut. "What would your folks do if they saw you cut your hair?" He asked.

"Ah, well, they'd probably just yell at me. Maybe take some of my stuff away." He shrugged. It was true, the consequences wouldn't be dire, just the loss of a few privileges.

The albino haired Weapon sighed in relief.

"Wow, you really cut it?" Maka asked, approaching the others with Tsubaki following next to her.

"It looks nice, (Y/n)!" The taller girl smiled kindly, causing (Y/n) to become flustered.

"Oh, uh, thanks!" He replied.

"What the hell are you all going on about? This hair style is nowhere near good! At all!" A familiar voice exclaimed, gripping his own hair and becoming more bothered the longer he examined the other boy's asymmetrical haircut.

"Kid, don't be so rude!" A tall blonde ran over, trying to pull the fretting Meister away from the small group.

"Sorry about that, (Y/n)! You know how he is!" Patty excused.

"N-no no, it's okay! I-I was actually g-going to ask Kid i-if he w-w-would be willing to.. help me... out?" (Y/n) shrunk away a little as he spoke those last few words.

Kid's eyes seemed to light up as he pulled a pair of small scissors out from one of his pockets.

"EH! YOU HAD THOSE WITH YOU THE WHOLE TIME!?" Black*Star asked loudly, pointing at the noirette with a look a shock on his features.

"Well, yeah. I watched- er-! I spotted (Y/n) leaving after Soul had asked him why he didn't just cut it. He.. looked like he was contemplating going through with it." Kid answered, trying to keep his composure.

Unfortunately, Patty seemed to catch his little slip-up - along with the... enthusiastic dynamic duo that was Soul and Black*Star.

"Oo~! Does THE Death the Kid have a crush~!?" The precious blonde girl sang, dancing around the taller. He only scoffed, looking away.