“Elijah!” I called, and ran after him. 

My older brother swung the door open, and Calix was standing on the porch, wearing dark jeans and a leather jacket. His eyes scanned my brother, and a friendly smile broke out on his face. “Hey,” He said, and held out his hand. “I’m Calix. You must be Elijah?”

Elijah hesitated, and then slowly reached out to shake Calix’s hand. “Yeah, that’d be me. You’re here for my little sister?” He sounded confused. 

“That would be correct. Unless this is not Akina Webb. In that case, I am at the wrong house,” He was smiling lightly, and extended his hand out to me. “Are you ready?”

I nodded, and squeezed past Elijah. Calix took my hand lightly in his, and I felt heat rise to my cheeks. 

Elijah wore an odd expression. He grabbed my arm as we started to walk away, and looked at me nervously. “How old is this guy, Akina?” He murmured.

“He’s sixteen, Elijah. Let me go.”

“He gives me a weird feeling. I don’t know if—-“

“Elijah, he’s fine,” I hissed. “Let me go.” I yanked my ar out of his grip and looked apologetically over at Calix. “Sorry,” I told him, and we walked down the driveway. He opened my car door, and I slid into the seat. “He’s an ass.”

“No need to apologize. He is right in being unsure. Not that I am a dangerous person, but—- Well, you will see tonight.” 

I looked at him curiously, but Calix was focused on the slick road. HIs black hair curled at the nape of his neck, and it looked slightly damp, like he had been out in the rain. His eyes glowed sharply, almost like they had light of their own. 

“What exactly are we doing? Or, where are we going?” I asked. 

Calix sighed deeply, and looked over at me fleetingly before turning back to the road. “I want you to meet some people. There are a lot of them that wish to meet you as well, and they have waited a very long time.”

“For me? Why me? I’m not that interesting.”

“So you think. I told you… Remember… I told you what happened to you. And I know you do not exactly believe me yet, but I am hoping that tonight is what will get you to believe me. What I told you was not lies. There are many people that are after you.” 

“Okay, but let’s say this is all true. That I can help people like you. Why? Why didn’t I just become like you?” Rain began to pelt the roof of his car, tapping like fingers on the hood and windows. “And why is it me they’re all after? Isn’t there someone else like me?”

“There is no one else like you. Not that we know of. So many of us have searched the earth for hundreds of years, but ever since two years ago, you are the only living Cure.”

“Were there more people like me before? Not that I’m saying I believe you, because I still think that all of this is a little too much like an episode of “Supernatural” or a chapter from Twilight to be real.