Bonus: Corey's POV

Brandon and I head downstairs to get some fresh air and some breakfast. We both have a day off from the Academy today, something that has been much needed lately. We've been busy for the last several weeks and it has been taking a toll on our family, specifically with our girlfriend.

Over the past month or so, I've noticed the distance she's been putting between a few of us. Some haven't seemed to care, as they've been doing the same toward her. It's almost as though they are grateful that it won't be completely their fault when the inevitable happens, and it will happen. I'm just not sure when exactly, but I see how it affects my brother, one of the ones who is desperately holding on to his relationship with her.

He is holding out hope that everything will work itself out. I've been spending more and more time with Raven since he let me know he returns my feelings of affection. The Kaylie situation doesn't really phase us. Though it hurts that she doesn't accept this part of us. Raven and I became closer because she was the one to notice the longing look, we shared when we thought no one was watching. She tried her hardest to keep us apart, but inevitably brought us together. I've never been happier than I am now. Well, I could be slightly happier, but I know some of my brothers will be crushed when things turn sour.

Marc and Brandon are the two I'm most worried about, but more so my brother. I hate seeing him like this. I don't know how to help him. I can't exactly get another girl to grab his attention, even if our girlfriend is being distant. It's different for me with Raven. At least I like to think so. I want my brother to have the same happiness, but it would be different for him. Cheating, and that isn't what we are about. No matter how bad things get, we would never do that to her. I just don't know if I can say the same about Kayli. I've noticed a few things about her now that I'm not smitten over the things, I thought I liked about her. Seen things that make the decision to leave her easier for me. I just want the same for my brothers.

We need to settle that issue before I can help him. Figure out what exactly it is we want with Kayli, even if I know what that is, it has to be said aloud. Hence, the day off and going out together. I just want to help clear his head. Get him to think about something other than Kayli and work. Bring back the Brandon I know he is and not the hardass he portrays to the world.

Our destination is a nearby diner we walked to. We eat quickly, making small talk. I wasn't able to get Brandon to open up, not even about his shop. Therefore, we are headed back to the apartment far sooner than I hoped.

I'm watching him from my peripheral, so I don't see the girl when she runs into me. It seems as if she is trying to make a hasty retreat and wasn't paying much attention herself.

When I grab her hips to steady her, I look around to see what could have caused such a reaction in her. A frown forms on my face when I see Ashley shooting death glares at the poor girl in my arms.

Ashley seems to notice Brandon and I now and pastes a blinding smile on her lips. I cringe at the attention. She is so fake, and I hate that she is an Academy member. Well hate is a strong word. I don't understand how she qualified to be accepted. Nothing about her is genuine. I've seen on too many accounts her using her station and power to get out of situations or force others to do her work.

Sure, she can bullshit her way through anything, but that's exactly what it is. Bullshit. I have never once seen her appear genuine or sincere. She may have a smile on her face but as soon as you turn your back, be prepared for a knife. She's like a viper in sheep's wool. Well, even I don't believe she looks innocent, but others seem to think so.

However, I've never really gotten along with many girls within the Academy, or anywhere to be honest. Most girls look at me and see one thing: a nerd. And while that may technically be true, I like to think there is more to me than my brain. I thought Kayli had been the exception to that rule and look where that's gotten me.

I come out of my musings when I feel the girl step out of my hands. She is an adorable little thing. She appears to be a few years younger than I am with blonde hair that I wish to run my fingers through and big doe green eyes. They hold an innocence in them that you don't see in many girls nowadays, but also a pain. A pain so deep it's amazing to see such hope lighting them from within as well. It makes me wonder what this tiny little fairy creature has had to endure. On how she was able to cope with such darkness filling the depths. I see the same look in a few of my brother's eyes, Brandon's even, but they haven't overcome that pain like this bird has seemed to do.

My gaze focuses on her and sees her glancing between Brandon and I while continuously blinking. I let out a laugh at her confusion, knowing exactly what she must be thinking. It's not common to come across identical twins, or so I believe. She came to the conclusion she hit me harder than she first assumed and is seeing double. It's everyone's first reaction to seeing us. At my laugh, and Brandon's, it seems like she snaps out of her daze.

She finally seems to realize that there are indeed two of us standing in front of her and the most adorable squeak escapes her luscious lips. It sounds like a hello, but I can't be certain.

I look to Brandon to gauge his reaction. He seems to be studying her with an intensity I've never seen before. I smile with happiness.

Maybe this tiny little thing will be the answer to my prayers. Tonight, I will talk to Axel about us giving Kayli the boot. Let Kevin and her join a couple teams if that's what they want. Then I can see about setting Brandon up with the cute fairy and moving on with life.

I look back at the girl and tilt my head in consideration, wondering how she would handle a group of five guys as diverse as us. Maybe I should find out if she has a boyfriend before I go and make such crazy plans for my brother and the rest of the family.

Here's to scheming.