Wait sef_

What if the people crossing with their cars were even taking pictures or videos? Goodness Lord!

"Jeez, people stare though," he remarked, only to get me looking back at the girls at the opposite side of the road. This time, one of them started pointing at me.

Jeez, pointing really?

At that point, I started hiding my face to avoid any problems.

I watched Nova as he stood beside me, my hand in his' as he shuffled his feet on the ground and moved, looking at different sides of the road like he was waiting for something.

"How much longer do we have to stand here?" I had to ask him.

"Till you're ready," he answered promptly, eyes still on the road.

"Ready for what?" I just had to ask again.

"Ready to cross the road." He answered.

My heart dropped to my stomach.

Cross the what!??

What the hell!

We'd get killed! The cars in front of us moved like they were on a hit and run mission and he wanted us to cross!?

"No!" I object immediately and for some bizarre reason that didn't seem good enough to me, Nova broke down laughing.

What part of this funny?!

"Oh my God! Shayde, can you just relax?!You're killing me!" He went on, trying to calm himself as he laughed non-stop at my reaction.

Father help me.

If you're wondering if we ended up crossing that road, we most certainly did.

And it wasn't just funny.

However, Nova held my hand tightly as  we crossed, so amidst the storm and thunder it felt like crossing that deadly road, I felt a bit safe.

It got more interested when we entered the cab.

It felt wierd, even a bit claustrophobic, being in such a little space. For some reason, it amused me.

No one was in the cab, but me and Nova, and yeah the driver ofcourse, but still it felt like I needed more room. It creeped me out and excited me at that same time. I don't know if that makes sense.

And everytime the cab bumped, I'd giggle as we went up and down and Nova would just look at me and smile. Sometimes, he was forced to laugh with me too.

Then, we got to our final stop; Maliwu icecream shop.

Well, I knew the name because the name was boldly written on a banner on front of the whole place.

"You like?" Nova said, before we got in.

"Well, I like the limestone on the ground," I replied.

The ground seemed to be coated with limestone. The place wasn't a building or anything. It was situated outside. More like an open space of wooden tables and seats with umbrella coverings. Each table had about four seats and they were quite a good number of tables around.

Most of them were filled up too apparently with people having icecream, so as Nova and I walked in, the attention we got was something else.

Luckily, Nigerians don't scream and cry and stump all over celebrities when they see them in public - especially in a place like Lekki where there are one too many celebrities living there.