❄Ch. 6: Stay Frosty Iced Coffee❄

Start from the beginning

"Oh I see, so it's Takami," she told him, looking his way.

"Just Keigo will do," he insisted, sweeping a hand through his messy ash blonde hair.

"All right then," she responded, flipping through the rest of the magazine.

So that's his name huh? Pretty cute.

"And you? I just know you're a Todoroki," he continued.

"Oh right, sorry. It's (Y/N)," she answered, placing her attention back onto the man in front of her.

"(Y/N). I like it," he told her with that same grin he always wore.

As the next few months rolled by, (Y/N) continued to improve in her training with Hawks. During that time, he had moved up from the number three pro hero to the number two after the Japanese Hero Billboard Chart occurred. With the fall of the Symbol of Peace, it was now up to the rest of the heroes to step up and she wasn't planning on stopping anytime soon.

And with new rankings came celebration as (Y/N) and Hawks were now seated in a private room at a restaurant commemorating the winged hero on his success. She sat across the table from him, grabbing one of the yakitori off her plate, taking a bite out of the juicy chicken.

"You don't think that maybe you should have invited the other sidekicks?" she asked the red-feathered hero.

"Nah, I would say the more the merrier but all I wanna do today is kick back and relax," he told her, placing his hands behind his head as he leaned back. "Fewer people mean less noise and more peace and quiet anyway."

Hawks had already cleaned his plate of yakitori and was waiting on another order of the grilled chicken skewers.

"Hey (Y/N), do you mind?" he asked her holding out his drink.

"So I've gone from sidekick to personal ice maker now?" she joked.

"Well no but I sure would appreciate it," he responded, his hand under his chin.

"Fine but only cause we're celebrating today," she told him as she used her quirk to place some small cubes of ice into the glass.

"Great. Thanks, Frosty," he replied, taking a sip of his now cold beverage.

"Frosty? I gave you my name for a reason Keigo. And this is the thanks I get for cooling your drink?" she pointed out to him.

"My bad, my bad. I'll try not to do it again... Frosty," he said that last part a bit more quietly with a smirk.

He's just trying to get a reaction out of me!

"You know-" she started before he spoke up.

"Hold on," he said, putting his hand up to quiet her.

"Huh?" she questioned as her turquoise-colored eyes followed to where he was looking outside the window.

What's going on?

"Get down!" he yelled, sliding over the table to shield her from the broken glass.

A strange creature had flown into the window breaking the glass in the process. Before it could get any farther into the room though, Hawks used his quirk to send some of his feathers into it, causing it to back away.

"No way, don't tell me that's a-" she said as it withdrew from the window.

"Nomu. And it doesn't look like it's the only one here," he told her as he looked out the window.

So much for peace and quiet.

"Frostbite start evacuating the building. Let me handle this one and the one down there," he ordered her before flying down to the scene below.