XXXIV: Again

Depuis le début

"You're good with those things. Any tips for our Yuri?" We both sat down and just enjoyed our visit. "Gyuri unnie, dont listen to her I dont have a girlfriend anymore. We broke up"

"Did you know that Yuri pretended that you were still alive? She was acting all crazy that we decided to bring her to the hospital" I lowered my head as I let her talk. "That's how she misses you"

"Why did you have to ride that taxi? Didnt you realize that the driver was a bit tipsy? How could you be so careless like that!? How could you just leave ..." Tears started to fall as I slowly pat her back.

"Gyuri unnie, look you made Saerom unnie cry. If you're gonna make us cry everytime we come here then we might not come anymore" Saerom unnie started laughing.

We stayed there for the whole afternoon. Until it was time for us to go. When I come here I always do the same thing which is cry and talk to her. But today was different when I said tears I meant tears of joy. Finally I could go to the final stage which is acceptance.

I finally accepted that she's dead and there's nothing I could do about it. I can only try to make her stay in my memories.

///////////

A week passed as I stayed with Gyuri unnie. I knew that it was time for me to go home. Saerom unnie is driving me along with Nagyung unnie and Jiwon unnie.

"Yahhhh ... I cant believe that Yuri is finally accepting reality" Jiwon said as we were close to our house.

We arrived as we parted ways and they helped me with all my stuff. "Yuri!" I looked back and faced Nagyung unnie.

"If Gyuri was alive she'd be proud of you" That single sentence made tears fall. They hugged me goodbye and left.

My other friends welcomed me and helped me inside. "How was your visit?" Minju said as she grabbed my bag. "It was fun, but i'm not sure when i'll come back there again"

[Yena's POV]

I'm in Yiren's room waiting for Yuri again. When I heard from her friends that she was staying with her friend Gyuri. I felt like all my worry went away, it would be best for her to just take her time.

I couldnt understand her 'unnie, i'm sorry ...'. I have no idea what all that was about. But i'll try to understand if that's what she wants from me.

"Unnie, I saw Yuri go inside. Don't you want to go there?" I slowly shaked my head. Yuri wouldnt want me to go to the house for now. I'll try to understand everything.

Yiren went to the window. "I think she's in her room but the window is closed" I stood up and stood next to her.

The window was closed but there were no curtains blocking it. She could just glance for a few seconds, then she'd see me.

And I was right, after a few minutes she saw me and went to the window. I gave her a smile as she smiled back. Yiren went downstairs and left us alone.

"Unnie, sorry for leaving without any notice" I feel better as she said those words. I didnt expect her to say sorry about the leaving.

"And i'm sorry for asking you the same question over and over. But ... I need a clear answer, so can I ask you again?" She thought about it then smiled.

"Jo Yuri, would you be my girlfriend?" She took a deep breath and gave me the sweetest smile that I saw in a while.

"I want to but I cant just yet. The truth is, after I left and accepted Gyur unnie's death. I felt like I dont wanna love or be in a relationship for a while. I want to be alone and maybe love myself first. As much as I appreciate your offer, i'm sorry" I'm not sure if I heard that right or is she hiding something.

"Can't we be alone together? If you want to love yourself then let yourself love. Do anything that you want to do, and love every single part of it. You dont have to do this" I said i'll be understanding but I dont want to let her go like this.

"Sadly we cant, not now but maybe someday. I think I want to start fresh and just be me. No more past, just present me" Is this even the Jo Yuri that I knew? Because even if she isnt, I still love her.

"Are you saying that ..." I dont want to say it, it breaks my heart to know that our ending will be like this. "Yes unnie, i'm telling you to forget me"

"Forget you? How could I possibly do that!? What you're asking is impossible" I didnt want to shout so I tried to calm myself. "At least try ..."

"No, I refuse. If you want to forget about me then fine, do it. I wont bother you anymore, but i'll still wait for you.

Our house in Jeju, i'll give you a key. Go there in case you missed me. Dont worry, you wont see me there.

I'm supposed to go to Japan for a vacation this weekend but I dont know maybe i'll stay there longer. If that will help you to forget me, i'll do it.

Just remember that i'll always be here for you. Call me when you become miserable."