Shelter Me

......................

PEETA POV

......................

I was confused. She was ready? For what? To go to bed? Was she planning on sleeping in that towel? "What?" I asked. She left the door frame and approached me, sitting down on the bed and putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Peeta," she said again. "I want to do the sex with you." I felt like such an idiot. Of course that's what she was ready for. I felt so stupid that I just burst out laughing, and she started laughing, too.

"I thought you forgot about that!" I said to her. I'd told her to tell me she was ready like that a good two and a half years before.

"You asked me to announce it to you that way, so I swore not to forget it," she replied. As our laughter faded out, we met eyes, and I could see that she really did want this, but there was still some hesitance in her eyes.

"Are you sure?" I asked her. "I'm not going to force you if you don't want to."

"I'm sure." I nodded gently, not really sure what to do next.

"I should have been more prepared for this," I confessed. "I don't even know where to start."

"Well, you could take off your clothes, for starters," she replied.

"Well, someone's forward," I teased, and I started with my shirt first, tossing it aside. Then I stood up and undid my pants, pulling them down and stepping out of them, leaving just my underwear. As I hooked my thumbs in the waistband, she stopped me.

"Let me," she said, "and while I'm doing that, you can take my towel off."

"Are you sure?" I asked again.

"Peeta, just assume that every answer to that question is 'yes'," she replied.

"Katniss, I don't wanna do anything that's gonna make you uncomfortable."

"I'm asking you to take my towel off, Peeta. If I wasn't sure, I wouldn't be asking that." I nodded gently.

"Okay," was all I could say. She then slid her fingers into the waistband of my underwear, and as she pulled them down, I undid the towel that was covering her body and let it slide off, leaving both of us naked.

I felt terrible for staring, but I couldn't help it. She looked beautiful, and so perfect. Her breasts were round and small, perfectly able to fit in the palm of my hand, and her frame was very narrow, but I loved her no matter what. My eyes then fell on a scar on her left side, and my fingers reached for it and gently brushed over it. "What happened," I whispered.

"Got shot in District Five," she muttered back.

"Did it hurt?"

"Did yours hurt when you got shot in the shoulder?" I realised that it was a stupid question, and I looked up at her eyes and chuckled.

"Sorry, I'm a little distracted," I confessed.

"I see that," she replied, amusement dancing in her eyes. She then took my hand by the wrist and placed it on her breast, never breaking eye contact with me. Now it was my turn to become nervous. I could feel a pressure down below and when I glanced down, I could see that my penis had gone hard, and my cheeks flushed just a little bit.

"Maybe we should... get under the covers..." I said shyly.

"Because you have a raging hardon?" she asked me, and I blushed even more.