To Lead A Revolution

......................

KATNISS POV

......................

I didn't know where I was. It looked like the inside of a Capitol hovercraft. Peeta. My first thoughts fell to Peeta. Where was Peeta? What happened to Peeta? Is Peeta all right? Peeta? I lay on a hospital bed and searched around me, finding an empty syringe. Yes. Peeta. The Capitol couldn't hurt him if he was dead. I had to find Peeta, had to save Peeta from the Capitol. They could have me, but they couldn't have Peeta. I got up and stumbled my way to a door. Inside I heard voices, and I thought I heard them mention Peeta's name. Peeta? They were going to hurt Peeta. I couldn't let them, couldn't let them, had to stop them. I pushed the button to open the door and stumbled in holding the syringe like a knife, growling at everyone in the room. I felt a hand grab my wrist that was holding the syringe and my other hand was restrained.

"So it's a girl with a syringe against the Capitol, eh? Drop it, sweetheart," came Haymitch's voice, and I did. I dropped the syringe. The syringe that could have saved Peeta from the Capitol.

"Peeta?" I asked him, looking into his face.

"He's all right, sweetheart. Just resting. You both took a pretty big hit from that lightning. You should go and lie back down, we'll be there soon," Haymitch told me.

"Peeta..." was all I could say.

"She's in shock," came Finnick's voice, and I looked over at him.

"Peeta?" I asked again, and Finnick stood up and walked over to me, taking my hands in his.

"He's all right, Katniss. He'll be okay," Finnick said to me.

"Peeta... Peeta..." I couldn't say anything else. I could think, at least somewhat clearly, but I couldn't speak.

"Shhh, he's okay..." said Finnick, and he pulled me into his arms and held me, gently rubbing my back to soothe me. I held onto him tightly, unsure of where I was, but seeming to know that I could trust him.

"I'll go and check on him," I heard Haymitch say, and the door opened and closed. I stood in Finnick's arms shaking, although I wasn't sure if it was fear from not knowing where Peeta was or if it was from the rather large lightning bolt strike I took to blast a hole in the arena. It felt like an eternity before I heard the door opening again. "Just keep in mind, she's very disoriented right now," I heard Haymitch say. I felt Finnick lift his head and he loosened his grip on me, but I only held onto him tighter.

"Hey, Katniss, look behind you," Finnick said calmly, but I was too afraid to look. I felt another set of hands touch me, one on my back and one on my arm.

"Katniss, hey..." I heard another voice say, and I recognised it immediately as I saw Peeta's face come into view.

"Peeta!" I exclaimed, letting go of Finnick and throwing my arms around Peeta, who held me tightly. I began to cry into his chest and I felt his lips in my hair as he rocked me back and forth.

"Shhh, it's okay, it's okay... Everything is okay, all right?" I heard Peeta say to me, and I nodded as I held onto him. "You're safe now, we're safe. And we're gonna go somewhere where we can be safe together, okay?" I nodded again. "But I need you to do something for me, okay?" He broke the hug, but held onto my shoulders, and my hands jumped to his face to cup them. I didn't want to let go of him. "Katniss, honey, I need you to rest, okay? You're not well and you need to rest."