11 My New Home

Answer: The Milk
Song: Just Another Day in Paradise
By: Phil Vassar

Question: Click my fingers what happens?
(I'm The hottest dancer in the room)

On with the story!

><><><><><><><><

"Wake up EV." Tobias says leaning over me fully dressed.

"Morning." I grumble. I am fully mated... and my mate hates me.

"Get ready we leave in ten." He says and walks out the door.

I shower in 5 minutes. You know the wet, soap, rinse, run kind of shower. Just as I finish getting dressed Tobias returns. He looks me up and down then turns away.

"Come." He says taking my hand and picking up his bag.

Tobias leads me to a car and places me in the front seat. Behind me sits Abby and her mate Trevor. They are cuddled up together giving soft kisses as a newly mated couple should. My mate sits in the driver's seat without looking at me. He glances in the rearview.

"Mind detangling yourselves for a moment Trev?" He asks. The Beta sighs.

"If I must." He says shifting Abby off of him draping his arm around her. "Can't help it brother. I love my mate." Tobias growls.

"It will be a couple hours before we get home. Trevor I'd like you to show the girls to their rooms. I have work to catch up on. Dinner is at 6 so don't be late." He says. The last order I'm sure was for me but he still won't acknowledge me.

"I thought I was staying in your room." Abby whispers in her mate's ear but we all hear it.

"Of course you are baby. You're my mate. My beautiful wife." He says then gives Tobias a look. "The Alpha is just being a jerk because he can't get over the fact that his mate didn't want to be mated to him." My jaw drops.

"That's not..." I start but am cut off.

"Hold your tongue or I'll cut it out Beta! What goes on between me and my... Mate... is none of your concern!" Tobias growls.

"And he's grumpy... you'd think after last night..." before Trevor can finish Tobias slams on the breaks, turns around, and punches his Beta in the nose. Abby gasps as the cracking sound fills the air.

"None of your concern Trevor!" Tobias yells.

"Sorry Tobe... Alpha... you are just worrying me brother... you need to loosen up. Talk it out? You're scaring me man." Trevor says. Tobias begins driving again.

"Sorry Trev... but it's still none of your business." He mumbles.

The rest of the drive was silent. Slight giggles from the back seat but no conversation. It is so quiet I find myself nodding off with my head against the cool glass.

I wake up when Trevor taps my shoulder.

"Come on. I'll show you your room." He says. I look up to see my mate walking through the door not even bothering to wake me himself.

"Yea, okay." I say getting out of the car.

We go into the pack house which contains the leading families. Trevor leads me to a room and opens the door.

"This is the Alpha's room... if you need him don't be afraid to get him... he's not as hard as he seems." Trevor leads me down the hall to the next room. "Here is your room. Abby and I are one floor down. First door when you take these stairs." He gestures to a door opposite my room. "You know... if you need us." He smiles and leaves me heading down the stairs with Abby under his arm. She waves and says a soft 'bye' as he pulls her away.

I walk into the room. It is nice... big... a large bed and a wall of windows. It even has a balcony... Honestly it's beautiful.

I flop onto the bed.

"He hates me!" I think.

"No!... he can't! He's mate!" My wolf argues.

"You've heard him... he hardly even looked at us last night! You think he still loves us!? He was just fulfilling the vows! Keeping his word so he doesn't die. He doesn't want us!" I respond.

"But he... he's mate." She whines.

"I know... I wish he wanted us... I'm sorry I screwed this up for you... why couldn't I be like the other girls!"

"If you were like the other girls we'd be with Alpha Gavin."

"True... I can't live like this."

"What are you going to do?"

"Run."

"You vowed to give him pups."

"We tried... as far as I'm concerned I fulfilled the vows... but it's not up to me. It's your nature that will kill us if we go back on our word so what do you think? Did we fulfill our vow or are we stuck with a man who hates us? Can you live with the blank stares from the man you love?"

"I think... we did all we could. We kept our word... we should start fresh." She seems less than happy about this but it's for the best.

"We can live as human... maybe move to Europe! Find a human mate?"

"Maybe."

I stand up from the bed and walk to the balcony. I have a few hours until dinner. A few hours head start. I will be okay... I'll make it... I can do this!

With that thought I jump 3 stories. I hit the ground with a roll and run for the trees.