10 The Ceremony

Answer: a raspberry Beret
Song: Raspberry Beret
By: Prince

Question: When my funny face makes you laugh what do I twist the top on and I put it back?

On with the story!!

><><><><><><><><

We walk hand in hand outside to a small area with a beautiful floral archway. Underneath it stands one of the elders. My father walks up to us.

"Alpha Samuel?" Tobey says as he approaches.

"Alpha Tobias." Poppa responds. "Do you mind me walking my daughter down the aisle? I'd like to give away the bride." Tobey looks shocked. I can't believe he didn't realize before... but he was late maybe he didn't catch my last name.

"Of course sir... I'd be honored." Tobey says handing me over he jogs up to the elder. I can't help but chuckle. They are making this so... traditional. No one gets all this pomp in their ceremony any more.

"I'm proud of you." Poppa whispers in my ear. "And I'm happy you got your True Mate... he will love you."

"Thanks poppa." I whisper and we walk towards the elder and my mate.

"Thank you Alpha Samuel." The elder says. "Alpha Tobias. Do you take this woman as your mate? To care for her and to continue the wolf population through the production of multiple offspring?" My jaw drops. Offspring? They put reproduction in the vows?!

"I do." He smiles at me. He is okay with this!

"Miss Everine. Do you take this man as your mate? To care for him, submit to him, and to bear him many children?" What kind of vows are these! I let out a growl and Tobias frowns.

"You can't be serious!" I yell.

"Everine!" Poppa growls.

"No! I don't even know him yet! And you expect me to get knocked up right away! This is ridiculous!" I yell.

"EV." Toby whispers in a growl taking my hand. I can tell he is angry with me.

"No Tobias! I told you how I feel about this and you are perfectly okay with these vows!" I pull my hand away.

"Miss Everine. You gave your word to accept your mate. Need I remind you what happens when a wolf goes back on their word?" The elder says. I gulp.

A wolf's word is set in stone. If you make a promise and intentionally break your word you die. The elders don't kill you. Your wolf does that. It is impossible to break an oath without dying.

I nod to the elder.

"Do you take this man as your mate? To care for him, submit to him, and bear him many children?" The elder repeats.

"I do." I growl.

"You may now mark each other. Claiming each other for the rest of your lives."

Tobias doesn't smile. He doesn't look at me. No sweet kisses down my neck to find the perfect spot. He simply leans down to my neck and sinks his teeth in. I respond with my own bite and he quickly releases me.

"You are now mates." The elder says.

"Come." Tobias says pulling me away.

"Please Tobias! Let me say goodbye!" I beg him. He sighs. Releasing my hand he looks at me.

"Quickly." He growls.

"Little wolf." Poppa sighs as he hugs me. "It will be okay."

"I'm scared." I confess.

"He is your mate. You have nothing to fear." Poppa says moving hair out of my face.

"I'm not ready." I say tears in my eyes.

"I know baby... I love you." Poppa pulls me close and I squeeze him tightly.

"I'll miss you poppa." I cry into his shirt.

"And I you little wolf." He says.

"I love you." I tell him.

"Time to go." Tobias says.

"Love you too princess." Poppa says as Tobias pulls me away.

We walk in silence back to his room. He closes and locks the door.

"We must complete the process." He tells me not meeting my eye. Obviously he is angry.

"I know... I'm sorry if I upset you." I tell him.

"If?! You are my Mate! My true Mate and you all but rejected me in front of your father and an elder! You not only embarrassed me but you hurt me! My wolf can't handle this! I can't handle this! We are Mates now and we have to compete the process fulfilling our vows or we die and you don't want me!" He rants.

"I'm sorry." I mutter. He sighs.

"Let's just get this over with." He whispers removing his shirt.