Reunited

Today is the day! I am finally reuniting with Chan!

When she woke up she immediately felt nervous.

Why am I feeling like this? I was fine last night!

She had butterflies in her stomach the whole morning while getting ready. When meeting others she makes it a bigger deal than it really is. It's important to her that she makes a good impression on everybody she meets. She doesn't like drama or having to deal with shady people so she makes sure to always be kind and respectful towards others and to seem like the "bigger person", if you get what I mean.

She wore some of her new clothes that she bought the day before.

(photo credit: pinterest - r o s i e)(Author note: ignore the basket lol pretend Y/n doesn't have that

(Author note: ignore the basket lol pretend Y/n doesn't have that.)

She wonders if this outfit is gonna be a shock for Chan because the last time they saw each other in person was in primary school. She wore sweatshirts and sparkly shoes back then so she hopes to look pretty and mature.

She has no idea if he has seen recent pictures of her so she wants to look the best she possibly can. Of course she has seen how he looks now because of social media. She follows Stray Kids on social media and see's some stuff that Stays post.

Chan texted and told her where and the time they were meeting.

Wow, JYPE is only 15 minutes away from here? That's great!

Will it be awkward? Will anyone be suspicious? What do I say if someone asks about me?

All of these thoughts were rushing through her head. She was starting to get REALLY nervous. Yeah, Y/n was nervous seeing Chan after years but she was more anxious and concerned about the fact that if someone sees them together and gets the wrong idea. Like if they think they're suspicious or that they are dating. She really tries her best to avoid drama and conflict at all costs.

Around 11:30, she left to go to JYP Entertainment. The start of Chan's hour break was at 12:00. Even though JYPE was 15 minutes away from her apartment, she didn't know if it would take long for her to get into the building because no one is familiar to her. She just wants to be early just in case so Chan doesn't have to be sitting alone and waiting for a while. She doesn't have her own car yet but she rented one yesterday so she could get around for a month.

She couldn't believe that she was standing in front of JYPE! She was so excited.

Then she realized, omg what if I meet TWICE? Or ITZY? What if I meet all of Stray Kids today? Today should be interesting.

Thinking of that made her feel more excited rather than nervous.

She walked in the building and then she heard someone call her name.

"Y/n? Are you Y/n?"
She turned around and was super surprised. She saw the lady that helped her at the restaurant yesterday standing right in front of her. She was speaking English too!
"Yes?! You are-"
"Yes I am! I remember you from yesterday. I know you know me as Suvin Kim but when here, please call me Manager Suvin. You are here to see Bangchan, correct?"
"Uh, yeah..." Y/n was confused and still quite surprised.
"Okay, can I just check your license please?"
"Oh, uh, yes you may!"
She then observed her license carefully.
She then smiled back at Y/n, "Okay, now please sign this and then you are all set!"
When Y/n finished signing, she handed it back to Manager Suvin, "Thank you very much Y/n, now please follow me! We are heading to floor 3!" Manager Suvin said while leading Y/n to the elevator.
Manager Suvin could tell Y/n was confused.
"I'm sorry but I'm quite shocked to see you here. What do you do here?" Y/n asked.
"Hey! Young people don't just work here. I'm not old though." She teased.
Y/n caught onto her joke and smiled.
"I am Bangchan's manager actually."
"That's cool!"
"Yeah, he's told me a lot about you! Not in a weird way though, don't worry!" She chuckled.
"No no, I understand!" Y/n laughed.
"Hey, in all serious though, you'll have fun! Bangchan is really the sweetest boy! He works so hard."
"Awe, well that's great! I'm excited but also nervous. I want to give off a good impression. It's been so long." She smiled.
"I know, since elementary school right?"

Wow, she really knows everything, huh?

"Yep."
"Well, something you'll recognize right away when seeing him again is that he is one of the most chill people you'll ever meet. Trust me, you are worrying for nothing."

Y/n felt very grateful for Manager Suvin. She was easy to talk to and very positive.
They then made it to the 3rd floor and she then proceeded to follow the Manager Suvin again. The 3rd floor felt sort of like a mall except it was full of food courts, two restaurants and areas to sit and eat. As she was walking she saw Chan from the distance sitting at a table. Her eyes went wide.

This is it! The moment we both have been waiting for! She thought excitedly although she felt as if she was going to throw up from nerves.

As he saw her, he stood up from his seat and fixed his shirt. Within just a few seconds she was standing right in front of him.
He smiled and bowed to Manager Suvin, thanking her for bringing Y/n to him. Y/n didn't know if she should hug him or not because in Korea they mainly bow to each other when greeting.

Manager Suvin gave Y/n a comforting smile and then left. Now it was just Y/n and Bangchan. Y/n and Bangchan had big smiles across their faces.

"Hey Y/n!" He said. He put his arms out to give her a hug.
They hugged for no longer than 0.2 seconds. It was a little awkward.
They then sat down and started talking.

"So Y/n, how are you? It's been so long!" Chan said.
"Oh, I'm doing good, how are you?"
"I'm fine. Just been busy, you know with the whole comeback. It's tomorrow actually."
"Wow... why are you hanging out with me then?! That's way more important!"
"Meeting up with my childhood best friend isn't important? Either way the boys have been pushing me to take a break so here I am!"
Y/n smiled. Then he smiled. The both of them started giggling because of how awkward this was.

"Wow it really has been a while!" He giggled.

Awe, Y/n grew up! She's looks great. Chan thought.

Y/n sighed, "Yes it has!"
"So, how are you liking Seoul so far?"
"I like it a lot! I actually went shopping yesterday and I bought this outfit actually."
"I'm glad you had a good time for your first day and I also like your outfit. You look pretty." He said, trying not to get shy.
"Oh, thank you." She smiled lightly. Although she was more excited now, she was nervous still.
"Hey Y/n, no need to be nervous. You know me, remember?" He reassured.
She smiled, "I know... but it's been so long. I just want- I don't know, I am just nervous. I'm sorry..."
Chan sighed, "Y/n you don't need to be sorry! I get it and it's okay. I may not be showing it but my insides are shaking cause I'm nervous. Literally, feel!"
Y/n reached over and touched his shoulder. He was actually shaking a little bit.
"Oh my goodness Chan. You don't need to be nervous!"
"Then you don't need to be nervous either!" He reassured.
"Okay... but you told JYP that you were meeting up with me, right? I don't want anyone thinking shadily of us and thinking we are dating and then starting a rumor. That's the last thing I want."
"Well..."
"Chan...?"
"Uh..."
"Does JYP not know I'm here with you?"
"Uh..."
Y/n's eyes went wide.
"What?! How can you let that slide? You need to tell him now! How does Manager Suvin know about this and not JYP?" She was a little mad that he did this because she doesn't want him to get in any trouble.
"Y/n calm down. It's not a big deal. He usually doesn't let me hangout with anyone during comeback season. I had to be a little sneaky."
"I thank you for being risky for me but you could get in trouble right? So can Manager Suvin!"
"I might but this is definitely worth it."
Y/n smiled. She finally went along with it, "Well... if you say so!"
They both chuckled. After this conversation, they both could tell they weren't as nervous as they just were. It was sweet.

"So, how's your parents?" Chan continued.
"They are doing good! They are sad that I'm out here though. Well, of course they are happy but they miss me."
"Awe, I remember when we were younger your mom looked unsure didn't she?"
"You betcha, but when she found out you were officially moving here she was fine with me going."
"Awe well isn't that sweet." He said proudly.
Y/n chuckled, "Yes it is... and Chan?"
"Yeah?"
"Do you want to get some food? We don't have to but you said we could so-"
"Yes of course! You think I'd lie about getting food? It's my favorite hobby!" He said proudly.
She laughed at his goofiness. He had one of the most contagious smiles ever.

What am I so worried for? This is fun! She thought.

They went to the food court and got some food. He asked her what she wanted but she didn't know.
"I don't know, what do you want?" She said not intending to start a chain.
"Well I don't know, what do yOU wAnt?" He leaned in and said. They both laughed.
She then saw what she had gotten at the restaurant yesterday that Manager Suvin recommended her on the menu. She ordered that meanwhile Chan was just going for the basic burger and fries.

As they got back to the table they started eating. Not even a minute after they started eating she saw that Chan was looking at her while he was eating. She looked at him confused. By the look on his face, it seemed that something was on his mind.