A love like her's

Aziz's P.O.V.-

Why had Audrey and I been asked to dress formally? We didn't know. Why had we been asked to wait silently behind our parents as they made an announcement? But Audrey looked pretty nervous as she stood beside me in knee high light pink halter dress with lots of white lace. Her hair was sitting plainly on her shoulders. I on the other hand was wearing beige with a white collared shirt and with a plain teal tux coat.

My parents Aladdin and Jazmine were standing happily, beside Audrey's parents Aurora and Philip. We were currently at the top of the balcony that Mal and Ben had their engagement party. Our parents looked down at the crowd with excitement in their eyes. But Audrey and I looked at each other with dread.

It was as if we both already knew what was going on. We were going to get married against our will and be forced to live 'happily' together. Audrey and I were good friends but we didn't like each other like that. She honestly felt more like the sister I never had. She even confided in me telling me that she'd fallen in love with a certain pirate, from the isle.

And anytime we were sent on unsupervised dates we'd sit together as she chatted about her boyfriend animatedly. I truly wished to find a love like the one she had, one day. But I knew that probably would never happen since we were probably gonna get carted off together. She sighed sadly searching through the crowd, spotting her pirate who sent a wink her way making her blush.

"That's him?" I whispered.

"Yeah." She said smiling bashfully.

"You guys look cute together," I whispered back sighing as I thought about how bad I wanted something like that.

about how badly I wanted a relationship I'd be willing to risk everything to be a part of. I mean Audrey and Harry were literally going to be forever shamed by Audrey's parents if they found out. But they were willing to risk that for each other and I thought that that must be the greatest feeling in the world.

"Thanks!" She said smiling at me as her mother began to speak.

"Good morning to you all!" Princess Aurora said clapping her hand together happily.

How on earth could she live with herself? Forcing her daughter to marry someone she didn't like. I mean I felt the same way about my parents but I thought Aurora, was supposed to be so amazing, sweet, and kind but I guess that was just in the fairytales.

"We are here today to announce the engagement of our children princess Audrey Rose and prince Aziz!"

And just like that I saw Audrey's whole life crash and burn before her eyes. Her eyes quickly welled up with tears, as our parents pushed us to the front so that everyone could see us. Most of the people clapped for but the people that knew us just looked at us shocked. Our parents had managed to convince the entire world that we were dating by choice. Yeah right.

I looked down at Audrey's pirate to see him clear his throat as he stuffed his hands into the pockets of his leather pants, as he walked off tears gleaming in his eyes. He seemed absolutely crushed as he headed back towards the Isle, probably wanting to be alone.

I looked at Audrey watching as she tried to stop herself from running after her boyfriend. But she knew that if she did she'd have a worse fate waiting for her. We both would.

So we held hands smiling down at the crowd like the happy couple we had to pretend to be though I knew that inside Audrey was crying for her pirate. I just wish that we'd known ahead of time maybe she could have talked to her boyfriend beforehand.

But of course, our stupid parents had to ruin everything for me and Audrey as always. And I felt bad for her. She'd grown on me and I hated to see her like this. Like she was about to explode with angry emotions, ready to burst out yelling or crying. I felt bad for Audrey our parents had forced us into this. I didn't have someone to lose. But she had everything to lose.