Refugees In Love Part 2

The morning sun rose, awaking the villagers the day Naruto and Hinata left. For others, it would be a normal day however, The Hyuugas didn't have a pleasant morning at all after the discovery that their daughter has run away from home.

"What do you mean you can't find her? Keep searching!" scowled Hyuuga Hiashi, Hinata's father as he angrily slammed the telephone, ending the call.

"Father, where is nee-san?" said Hanabi who has just woken up by her father's rage, clueless.

Hiashi turned towards Hanabi, trying to turn his frown to a light, disheartened smile as he touched her head. "Don't worry, I'll find her" as he looked into her eyes, trying to comfort her.

"Hiashi-sama!" shouted one of his clansmen as he knocked the door.

"We found footprints! We believe it belongs to Hinata-sama!"

"What!? Bring my men, we will follow those prints!" said Hiashi as he wore his thick, brown coat and went out.

"Yes sir!" as the man saluted and ran. Hiashi followed him to trace the prints.

~X~

"Oh yeah! Water tastes best when it's drank from the river!" shouted Naruto in delight as he tasted the stream water.

"What shall we have for breakfast?" giggled Hinata as she sat and observed the beautiful scenery of the forest. A secluded, abandoned forest filled with nature, the perfect place for the couple to take a break.

"I have some steamed buns in my bag, so-called army rations." said Naruto as he headed over to his backpack, digging for the buns.

"Here" said Naruto as he tore the buns into half, giving the other to Hinata and feeding her.

The two silently ate as they listened to the song of the birds and the whispers of the flowing water.

"Where are we headed next?" asked Hinata

"After we cross Shido Mountains, we will reach the border of the Namakura County. Then only will we truly leave this place forever!" smiled Naruto

Hinata giggled at the thought of their soon-freedom. Slowly, Naruto glanced at Hinata moving closer to her face. Soon, they shared a passionate kiss in the forest.

Suddenly, they hear a loud, trampling sound nearby. The sound of about a hundred men, marching through the forest. The Hyuugas have found them, thanks to Hinata's footprints. "Shit!" said Naruto as he quickly took out his pistol. "How did they find us?" said Hinata as she armed herself with a small, steel dagger.

The soldiers surrounded the forest, trapping Naruto and Hinata. "Uzumaki Naruto!" shouted one of the footmen as he pointed his rifle towards him. "You have been accused of kidnapping Hyuuga Hinata! Surrender now or face the consequences!" he shouted.

"I did not kidnap Hinata!" shouted Naruto as he held his hands up high with his pistol, still intact.

"This is all a misunderstanding!" said Hinata as she looked around. She knew that there was no way of escape.

"Put the gun down!" yelled the man. Naruto did not obey his command. "I said put the gun down!" yelled the man again impatiently. Naruto turned his head towards Hinata and whispered "I'm sorry, Hinata" as he fired a shot.

The moment the shot was fired, it felt as if time had stopped. As soon as the man was hit by Naruto's bullet, all the other men started firing shots towards Naruto. However, Hinata quickly stood in front of Naruto like a shield. She was hit by the bullets, leaving Naruto in shock. Naruto quickly hugged her, with hot tears rolling down his cheek as another rampage of shots were fired.

Naruto and Hinata, were both hit. Their bodies, bleeding but they still stood there hugging tightly. "Naruto" whispered Hinata. "It's fine" whispered Naruto back as blood started to appear from his head.

"Let's die together and be together in heaven"

"I love you" said Hinata as tears rolled down her cheeks.

The two spent their final moments together with a kiss. Lips still touching, their eyes slowly closed. The firings had stopped as the soldiers witnessed their moment. The two fell to their deaths with their bodies still holding each other.

This, was true love. Till death do us part.

~END~