Chapter 6

Varshith and Harshini reached their village in local bus, they started walking to their uncle's home. "For livelihood our grandparents left this place otherwise who would leave this heaven" Varshith stated.
"Do you remember your childhood here bro?" Harshini asked. She was a toddler when her grandparents were alive.

"Not much Harshi but yeah when grandpa sold his old house he was very sad. In his memory only we bought that place again" Varshith said showing her a old collapsed house.

"What do you plan to do here?" Harshini was always curious to know new things. "We haven't decided yet, let's see" Varshith said halting at the gate.

"Welcome Soldier!" his uncle Madhav greeted with a big smile. "I am not a soldier" Varshith said sadly remembering his broken dream.

"Varshith you can serve your country in other ways too, I know you will do" Uncle Madhav tried to cheer him.

"Varshith babu, you came. Come! Come! Tara bring some water. How was your journey? Your uncle's bike became old like him and not working properly otherwise he would pick you. Ayyo! You are still standing here.  Come inside babu" Madhav's wife said dramatically.

"Even I am here, no one cares about me" Harshini said with a pout.

"You are my sweetheart Shini" Tara came hugging Harshini. "Mom! Why are you partial? For you only Varshith Babu is great" Tara teased her mother. "Tara! You should respect him, he is elder than you" her mother warned.

"Bless me babu" Tara said bending towards Varshith. "Tara don't emabarass me, we are more like friends" Varshith said hugging her. Madhav and his wife were happy seeing the bond between kids.

Madhav always liked Varshith for his refined thoughts and behaviour, whereas his wife thinks to marry him with their daughter Tara.

After having their dinner they brought cots to the open place inside home where they can sleep under sky watching stars and chatting till midnight. Tara and Harshini were sleeping beside each other looking at the stars in the sky while Varshith was discussing about financial matters with his uncle.

"We cried, laughed, joked here" Tara said calmly, "will miss all these after your wedding" she added. Harshini is already thinking about the same, she is in a situation where memories of past and unknown future of new life are playing with her small heart.

"Do you like that guy?" Tara asked which brought a smile on Harshini's face. "I don't know" She said shyly. "I can see it on your face girl, that glow on your face, blush on cheeks and spark in eyes" Tara winked making Harshini blush more.

"Seriously Tara I don't know, I'm scared how will I settle with a stranger and his family" Harshini's face speaks always what's in her mind.

"Let me tell you few things Shini! You are brought up in a nuclear family, gelling in a new family will be difficult for you. Being reserved is your nature so till you open up no one will know what you are making it much more difficult for others. Your honesty and sincerity are bound to make you fall one day, after marriage on first day itself it will happen. You are so naive and gullible, easy target of anyone who wants to hurt your family" Tara started saying all this making Harshini worry.

"Tara stop! I will not marry" Harshini said with a tensed face making Tara laugh loudly gaining attention of Varshith.

"I'm just exaggerating girl" Tara said pulling Harshini's cheeks, "but it's the truth" Harshini said with a straight face. Varshith didn't want to miss teasing his little sister so he joined them.

"Tara! She is lying, the only thing she wants now is to marry him soon" Varshith said seriously. "No bro! I'm not in hurry to marry Abhi" Harshini whined.

"Who is this Abhi? Oh! Your would be fiance?" Tara asked wiggling her eyebrows. "See she have him nickname too, Abhi! My Abhi.. " Varshith continued teasing her along with Tara.

. . . . . .

Raghuram tried his best to convince his wife but Nandini is not willing to change her decision. Abhiram just stayed inside his room thinking how his life became a mess in a single day.

Just then he received his cousin Vinay's call "Hello! How are you bro?" Abhi asked trying to calm his thoughts. "All good! Was stuck in operation yesterday so couldn't call you back. Tell me what's up with you?" Vinay asked casually.

Abhiram explained what all happened, what he didn't know was Vinay already knows this information from his father and Abhi's sister Divya who is there in conference call at present.

"What are you planning to do now? Will you agree with your Mom?" Vinay asked skeptically. "No way Vinay, I like Harshini. I have clearly mentioned this to mom. She cannot force me in my life decisions" Abhiram said in serious tone.

"Do you think that girl is worth your fight with mom? I mean you don't even know her properly. It's not like you both were in love kind of stuff" Vinay said in his as usual way of speaking.

Divya is listening silently to know her brother's thoughts, she didn't want her family fighting.

"Vinay! Sometimes we don't need much time, a minute is enough to know" Abhi said smiling dreamily thinking about Harshini's calm face.

"If you are sure then go with it, I will always help you. If you want ask Divya or her husband's help" Vinay added.

"Let's not involve them in this issue, I don't want Mom to feel any pressure. Dhiraj will do anything for me, I know. If it's really necessary then " Abhi was talking to Vinay but Divya cut the call thinking how her brother avoided involving her.

"See my brother grew up, he doesn't want us" Divya said in dejection. "It's not like that Divi, he knows how I deal things especially of it's your Mom" Dhiraj said with a smile which changed Divya's mood.

"I have an idea, Let's help him indirectly" Dhiraj winked at her and explained his plan. "You are the best husband" Divya gave a tight hug and kissed her husband intently. Well a husband like him is rare, every moment of her life became lively after her marriage. It's like they fall in love everyday in a new way with the same person. Even after eight years of marriage she couldn't leave her husband for a day.

. . .

Tara was explaining her cousins how to prepare herbal paste which helps in clotting blood if there is any injury. From past three days they are learning many new things from her.

"You are a gem Tara" Varshith complimented making her smile wide. All this didn't go unnoticed by Tara's mother (Neela). "Harshini! Come I will show you my new crochet designs" Neela called her.

"Attha! Have you called me here to show all these or to give privacy to your daughter and my brother?" Harshini asked stunning Neela. "Both" Neela said smiling and continued to show her hardwork.

Harshini wanted to clear this matter before leaving, she knew that Varshith and Tara are best friends. If topic of their marriage arises it may effect their bond.

"Varshith! Harshini! Where are you?" Madhav shouted at the top of his voice. All of them reached near the entrance of hall, "Congratulations Harshini! Your wedding is fixed. The groom's family will visit your home to finalize things" Madhav said happily. All of them were happy with the news and Harshini blushed with all the attention, teasing she received.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

A/N: So update after a longtime, do tell me how is it