Chapter 2

Nandini is sitting in the lawn looking at the sunrise, Raghuram brought her a cup of coffee along with few cookies shocking her.

"From where did my husband learnt this?" asked Nandini as this is the first time her husband did something like this. Even though her family is modern, they live in a society which believes Women run home while Men earns

"From your son-in-law" he answered making her jaw drop.

"Did you inform Abhi about your fracture?" Knowing the answer Raghu questioned her.

"Your stupid son will get a reason to avoid marriage if I say the reason" Nandini shook her head thinking about her son who is running away from topic of marriage.

Last time when their daughter came with her kids Nandini wanted Abhiram to marry so that family gets completed. She didn't pressurise him till now but the way he is ignoring the topic of marriage worried her.

Her leg got fractured while playing with her granddaughter, she hid this incident from her son knowing how much attached they are. He would leave even important projects and come to look after her.

For his career already he took a blind leap, she didn't want make his life more difficult.

"Raghu.. " she stopped continuing thinking, "I know Nandini you are thinking about Abhi, What happened?" he asked seeing her worried face.

"Why is Abhi reluctant to marry, I don't think it's for his career. There is some other reason" Nandini said worriedly.

"If you feel so then it is, you know him better. But don't jump into conclusions" he warned her before she imagines anything which she does normally.

She decided to use her last weapon to know what is in her son's heart. Her daughter Divya

. . . . . . . . .

Abhiram eagerly wanted to inform his mother that he is ready for marriage but his ego didn't allow him.

Whenever his mother called before she used bring the topic in some or the other way. She didn't leave any opportunity but now she sounded like his marriage is something not so important.

Once he shouted on his mother for always pestering him about marriage proposals. Now he is regretting for doing so. The pressure of his career took a toll on him.

It's been two months since the realisation and his mother didn't bring the topic.

He banged his head thinking Is he that desperate to get married

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

"Hey Di! How's my little cutie?" Abhi asked immediately when his sister called.

"After she is born everyone are bothered about her, who cares for me" she faked sad tone.

"What will happen to my Di? She is a superwoman" Abhi said truly from his heart.

"Definitely I am not a superwoman Abhi, your little cutie is the reason. This girl became so naughty, you don't know last time when we went home she made mom fall down" Divya closed her eyes for letting those words slip.

"What? Nothing happened to mom right. Is she..."

"Nothing happened to mom. She is fine" Divya immediately lied to save herself and the whole family from Abhi's anger.

"But there is something else which is worrying mom" Divya cleverly diverted the topic.

"And what is that? Are you happy with your husband?" Abhi asked thinking his mother is worried about his Di.