Chapter 9

Abhiram started working from home, his engagement is in next week and he wanted chance to meet Harshini.

"Wow! Your voice says it all Srinivas. It's obvious how much you love your kids"

______

"Yeah!... I can see how both of them are attached unlike my kids" Raghuram said laughing.

Abhiram observed his Dad became good friends with his would be father in-law, they speak almost daily. Just great! I should talk with my wife but here these both are talking like long lost lovers.. Abhiram thought.

"Nandini! We too should start shopping for engagement. I spoke with Srinivas just now, kids returned from their native and they started all arrangements for engagement" Raghuram said and Abhi got excited hearing this.

"Yes we should even start preparing for wedding Raghu, I spoke with priest and he said there are no good muhurthams(auspicious time) after this month. We may get wedding date this month itself or else it will be almost after six months" Nandini explained.

"What? Six months? No Mom! Fix whatever date comes in this month" Abhiram said seriously making his parents smile.

"Don't be desparate to get married son, these are your golden days. Enjoy this time" Raghuram teased making Nandini glare at him.

"Is this what you teach your son? How could... Uff! Leave it" Nandini gave up and turned towards her son. "Abhi! Muhurtham is based on both of your horoscope. We don't know which one will be good. Let's decide it on your engagement day itself, your in-laws and all our family will be present. It will be good to finalize it then" Nandini explained.

"Mom! Try to final the date which comes early. Six months is too much" Abhiram whined. "We are on groom side, so time for us will be sufficient but for Harshini's family it will be tough Abhi. Also we should give them time with their daughter. We should not hurry" Nandini said "but will see accordingly" she added not to make Abhi sad.

"Abhi! You both need time to understand each other, this courtship will help you both form a strong relationship. Talk to her, know her, go on dates with her" Raghuram winked.

"Dad! Are you for real!" Abhiram said with shy smile, "what's wrong son, I said these to my daughter too. Unlike you she wanted courtship, your brother in-law understood and supported her" Raghuram said shocking his son. So Dad helped Divya in meeting Dhiraj, why didn't I understand them how she sneaked out... He face palmed in his thoughts.

"How can I talk to her without having her contact details?" Abhiram asked hoping his Dad would help. "Abhi! Are you naive or acting? You have social media. Use all other ways man" Raghu shook his head.

"I am not dumb, all her profiles are locked. I could not even send friend request without mutual friends. She is so secretive" Abhi rolled his eyes.

"She is careful" Raghuram corrected, "you know what to do but not doing. Wait till you get engaged" Raghuram went away disappointed with Abhiram.

Abhiram could get all details from Varshith if he wanted but he didn't want to ask him directly. Anyway Divya is going to visit them tomorrow, she will get me details... Abhiram thought.

. .

"Bro! Will you take me to temple now?" Harshini asked after getting ready. "Your sister in-law will come to see you today, it will not be good if you are not at home" Latha said to her daughter.

"Mom! I will bring her before she arrives and I don't think there will be any problem as we are going to temple not to amusement park" Varshith added last part in sarcasm.