24.

Before reading, I would like to dedicate this chapter to
gdivya2810

Thanks for voting for my books!

:::::::::::

Xavier's P.O.V

"It hurts that you're cheating on me Xavier."
Tears rolled down her cheeks now.

"What are you talking about? I would never do that to you Scarlet." I held her hands. But she jerked away.

"I saw you last night with a girl at the bar. Apparently the girl was on the lap of yours and you seemed to enjoy her company."

"Scarlet it is not what you think. Please just listen to me first."

She took a deep breath. "Go on.'' She gave me a chance.

I told her the whole story.

"So you mean to say just because you wanted that deal you were allowing that girl to seduce you. In near future if you want another deal which the guy would offer but after you have sex with a unknown girl. And just because you want that deal you will have sex with the girl, for all I know. Are you kidding me here Xavier Romano?"

"Scarlet I would never do that. I will never hurt you sweetheart."

"Xavier you always say this, but the thing is you always end up hurting me." She said with tears in her eyes.

"I'm really sorry sweetheart. Please I would never cheat on you."

"Xavier I think w-we should b-break up."

"What are you saying?" He was baffled.

"Yes Xavier. But don't worry I will work for you. I have some professionalism."

"Scarlet you cannot do this to me! Look I'm really sorry. Please forgive me baby."

"I wish sorry had that power which people assume it has."

"Scarlet please........"

"Xavier I'm working right now. You may leave."

__________
Did it just happen? Scarlet broke up with me! What should I do now?

At evening I was waiting for Scarlet to come home. I didn't even go for work today. She has to understand me. I didn't cheat on her. That girl meant nothing to me. We didn't even kiss.

Scarlet where are you?

I went towards window as I heard car coming in the mansion. Scarlet came out of the car and Mark was there in driving seat. What the hell is he doing with her?

That guy said something to her and she laughed wholeheartedly. What the fuck did he say?

After few minutes of talking Scarlet came in.

"Why the fuck did he come to drop you?" I asked angrily.

"Xavier mind your language. He is my friend." She yelled at me.

"Scarlet you still didn't answer me."

"It's none of your business now Xavier. You don't own me. Remember we broke up in the morning! And even if I didn't break up you have no right to yell at me." She said.

"Scarlet you didn't even think about what happened yesterday. That girl meant nothing you hear nothing to me. We didn't even kiss Scarlet. You need to trust me."

"That's the problem Xavier. I can't trust you after what I saw yesterday. And when there is no trust in a relationship there's no point in being in one." Her eyes were brimming with tears.

I held her face, we were very close. Her expression changed instantly. She was feeling my touch.

"Scarlet baby, please I beg you. I need you to trust me. I didn't do anything."

But then she jerked me away.

"Xavier you say that I need to trust me, will you trust me if you found me on lap of an unknown guy. Don't forget that guy is seducing me. And I seem to have no problem with that."

With that saying she left to her room, leaving me dumbfold.

I went to my room, took a long bath. I changed into my sweat pants and T-shirt.

I laid down on bed and started thinking all that happened today. It all happened so suddenly. Past couple months Scarlet and I were so happy together.

One deal, it ruined everything.

******************
Hey folks. Hope you're enjoying Xavier and Scarlet's story.

Pls vote and comment if you like it.

Also check my other story "Arranged to Love ❤️" and "Loveless Marriage"

XOXO❤️
-Anushka