28.

Happy Diwali guys!!❤️🌟

Xavier's P.O.V.

"Dinners ready!" I myself took our dinner to Scarlet'a room. I know she must be scared by what happened today.

"Xavier, I could have helped." She got up.

"No sweetheart you sit. Today I'm going to feed you." Yes can you imagine tough mafia leader like me feeding a girl. Scarlet has successfully wrapped me around her.

"That's so sweet Xav. But it's not needed. I can eat."

"Scarlet any other girl would die to experience this kind of treatment! And here you are!"

"Okay okay. Feed me my knight!" I chuckled.

"Knight? Really?" I asked.

"Yes you saved me today like a knight in shining armour." She smiled.

"I won't let anyone hurt you." I caressed her cheek.

"I know." She kissed backside of my hand.

"So let's have food. There is some chicken soup, momos and some white sauce pasta."

"Woah. That sounds yum." She grins.

We sat on the bed facing each other and in the middle there is tray full of food.

I took some soup in spoon and fed her. She laughed.

"What's there to laugh?" I asked amused.

"Nothing." She said.

"Scarlet!"

"Fine. It's just that I have always seen you rough tough ready to fight. Never seen this side of yours. But I enjoy it." She smiles.

"I have one more side which you haven't seen yet." I tease her.

"Oh really? Which is that and?" She is so innocent.

"Wild and possessive." I whisper seductively in her ears.

"Okay okay. Moving on. I want some momos." She quickly changed the topic. Though I could see hint of smile and shyness on her face.

Like this with fun banters we had our dinner.

"What are you doing now?" She asked.

"Um, I have some work. Why?"

"Can you stay here till I fall asleep please?" She pleaded.

"Of course mi amor!"

I slip into bed with her. She snuggled in my arms, while I wrap my hands around her body. I love how she fits perfectly in my arms.

"Now do you want a bedtime story?" I tease her.

"Oh shut up." She says.

After few moments of silence Scarlet asked.

"Xavier can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"What are we? I mean what is our relationship?"

This question surprised me. I didn't think through this.

"Scarlet, at the moment I don't know how to answer this question. But I can honestly say that you are precious to me. I can't lose you. I don't want to."

I heard Scarlet sobbing a little.

"Hey hey. What happened?"

"I didn't grow up with a family. It was just Amelia my friend whom I met when I was in college. No one ever told me that I'm precious to them. My own parents didn't want me. So I am so grateful for you to be here with me."

"You don't know how amazing you're. It is your parents loss that they left you. I'm there with you. You are precious to me Scarlet. Very precious." I kissed her forehead.

She smiled at me.

"Now go to sleep sweetheart. It's been a long day."

——————-

When I came back to my office which is at home itself, I did some work for an hour or so. But after that my mind drifted off to Scarlet. She is so pure so innocent. I could never imagine a dark phase to her life as she is so fun loving, smart and beautiful. But she is deep hurt inside by the fact that her own parents left her. But I'm there for her. I won't leave her ever.

To be honest I have never experienced these kind of emotions earlier in my life. I had one girlfriend before Scarlet. Her name was Anastasia Williams. Her father and I used to be rivals. Still we dated. But she betrayed me one day. With the help of information gathered by her, her father attacked me. Though I won but the fact that she never loved me gave me nightmares for several future days.

After that it was hard time for me to trust other people, but with Scarlet it was all together different. I trust her completely. Is it Love? Do I love Scarlet?

************
Hey folks. Hope you like this chapter.

Pls vote and comment if you like it!

XOXO 💋

-Anushka.