Lullaby (No Name Levi x Reader)

Start from the beginning

"But I can't sleep," you mumbled, even though you were exhausted. You had never traveled so much before, and you were severely jet-lagged.

Levi, on the other hand, had done this so many times that his body was accustomed to frequently changing time zones. Additionally, he was a huge insomniac, so he never slept much anyway.

"I'm too excited," you continued. "We'll be in Paris tomorrow."

Levi chuckled. "We're in Paris right now, brat. We'll be in Rome tomorrow."

"Oh." You feigned disappointment as you pouted, "You didn't even take me to see the Eiffel Tower."

Levi chuckled again at your cute expression. "Next time," he promised.

You sighed. "I'm still too excited to sleep. I've heard Italians make really good spaghetti."

Levi outright laughed at that. "Just try," he murmured. "We wouldn't want you passing out in front of the paparazzi tomorrow. They'll think I'm not taking care of my fiancée properly."

"Hmm. Did we officially announce that?" you mumbled, yawning again.

"They've all figured it out. The ring makes it pretty obvious." Levi leaned down and brushed his lips over yours. "Do you want to officially announce it?" he whispered.

You shivered at the sensation of his warm breath against your skin. "It doesn't matter," you replied. "They already know that I'm yours."

Levi smirked, satisfied with your answer. "Go to sleep, (f/n)," he breathed.

You huffed. "I told you I can't."

Levi rolled his eyes, then tucked you closer to his chest. A second later, he began singing softly.

"I'm falling down into my shadow,

Failing to control my breath,

As I embrace the deadly night.

If you are scared, never show it in your eyes

Near those pumpkin carriages,

'Cause all the witches see right through your lies."

Your heart fluttered at the sound of Levi's deep, enchanting voice. You had always thought it was the most beautiful sound on Earth, even before you discovered the truth about No Name. He was singing the lullaby version of "Papermoon", which he knew was your favorite. The hushed, intimate notes were his gift to you, and you alone.

"Levi, shouldn't you be on vocal rest?" you asked, almost reluctantly. You never wanted that breathtaking song to end, but your concern for Levi outweighed all other desires.

He murmured, "I'll be fine. Besides..." He brushed another kiss to your lips, and the light contact caused butterflies to flurry around your stomach. "...I want to sing for you."

For a moment, you forgot how to breathe. "W-well, if you're s-sure," you stammered, your words barely a whisper.

He smirked. "Close your eyes, (f/n)."

Without hesitation, your eyelids fluttered closed. You would have done anything he asked, anything for that voice.

"Fairy blue, for you I'd steal the stars

And lay them at our feet,

So we could own the night

Black paper moon.

I will be the light, believe in me.

When you're lost, here I am,

Forever with your soul.

Look above, 'cause you belong up there,

Beside the shining moon."

A few minutes later, you had unknowingly fallen asleep in Levi's arms. Still, he finished the song, wanting to stay in this moment for as long as possible.

"Fairy blue, the reason I'm alive,

The reason I can breathe,

Is 'cause you are the key

That sets me free.

So I swear you'll never be alone.

When you're lost, here I am,

Forever with your soul.

We can make it through if you believe,

If you believe in me."

When he was done, Levi simply gazed at you, his cold eyes softening. A small smile touched his lips.

"Goodnight, (f/n)," he whispered, pressing a gentle kiss to your forehead.

Levi knew he wouldn't sleep much, but he closed his eyes anyway, content just to cradle you in his arms. If he had his way, he would sing you to sleep every night. And now that he had finally put a ring on your finger, it seemed his wish was about to come true.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: The song is AmaLee's cover of "Papermoon". You can find her on YouTube.