Chapter 2: Mates

Rosalie's POV:

Rosalie's POV:

She smelt so lovely. She smelt like the sky but also the sea. My mate!

My brothers and sister looked between the two of us while I continued to smile at her.

The girl came towards us, mostly aiming for me. The humans were still watching her, stunned at the boldness of the new girl. When she reached us, she stood right in front of me and kept her eyes on me.

"Hello gorgeous, I'm Annika," her velvety voice purred. She grabbed my hand and rubbed it.

I sighed contently. Annika's hands were so soft and sent sparks up my arm.

I smiled and rubbed my thumb against her hand. "Rosalie Hale"

My family finally came out with their dumbfounded fazes. Alice bounced between my mate and me with a wide smile and pulled Annika into an unexpected hug. I growled lowly, warning her to back off of my mate. She stepped back from her still smiling. "I'm Alice!," she exclaimed with a giggle.

My mate took her eyes off of me and nodded and the tiny girl. In the background, I can hear the students trying to not seem like they were trying to eavesdrop.

"I know," she simply said and turned to look at me. Her response confused everyone. Alice cocked her head to the side and went to ask how but was interrupted, "I'll explain everything to you one day Alice."

Her reply put the wanted conversation to an end.

"So," I started. I didn't know what to say. I just found my mate and she's human but weird.

She raised her hand eyebrows and amusingly grinned at me. "'So' what darling," she said mockingly.

I rolled my eyes and smiled slightly. "So you're new here but care to hang out with me?"

She opened her mouth to reply but a loud ugly engine cut her off. She turned around towards the noise and we all looked to see Bella Swan, Edward's human, pull into the parking lot. Annika raised her eyebrows at the dull girl who stepped out of the rusty beat-up truck.

I huffed. Why isn't my mate paying attention to me?! Great now I sound jealous of a human.

My family went to greet Bella, especially Edward, while I stayed with my mate.

My mate turn and gave me a questioning glance as they went over there. I gave her the 'don't ask' look. She understood and went back to our conversation.