𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐓

༻✧༺

༻✧༺

"she's dead, mr bornihay," mr. feeny explained as dina laid across the desk in the front with her eyes closed. "pick up the knife and kill yourself."

"c'mon mr. feeny, you and i both know she's not really dead. may i please stab her a few more times to make sure?" bornihay asked.

 dina shot up and glared at bornihay, "hey, you touch me with that knife, you better kill me the first time."

bornihay grimaced, "mr. feeny!" he squeaked in fear.

valerie laughed with the class, while shawn leaned forward to talk to cory.

"cory," shawn whispered, glancing at feeny to make sure he was still indulged in the class reenactment of romeo and juliet. "what's the score?"

valerie watched as her other best friend, jodie, leaned over towards cory as well to hear the news about the ball game. cory pressed his palm closer to his head to hide the earbud.

"bottom of the third, two outs; dykstra's on second, kruk's on first. three and two to dalten—" cory was cut off by mr. feeny pulling his hand away from his ear taking the earbud out, instantly making  shawn and jodie revert back into their seats like they were listening to romeo and juliet.

 "what is this mr. matthews?" feeny asked.

"huh? wha-what'd you say mr. feeny? you took my hearing aid." 

valerie slapped her hand over her mouth and attempted to snuff out a giggle. shawn smiled towards her, valerie hadn't ever changed. she still had gorgeous brown eyes, long brown hair that always had a bit of frizz and curls in it and a pretty smile.

shawn had fallen for this girl in kindergarten and still loved her.

valerie watched feeny roll his eyes and put the earbud to his ear and began to recite what the announcer said, "smoltz delivers, daulton swings. oh, he got a piece of that one. it's a long drive deep to the center. otis nixon back, back to the warning track climbs up the wall, and—"

feeny turned off the radio, causing cory to sigh, shawn to groan in frustration and jodie to make a exasperated noise, all the while valerie shook her in disappointment at her friends.

༻✧༺

"mr. matthews, romeo and juliet is shakespeare's ultimate testament of love between a man and a woman," mr. feeny began to explain.  shawn looked at valerie, and she looked back at him. shawn smirk before mouthing 'a man.' gesturing to himself, 'and a woman' gesturing to valerie.