Chapter 20: The final dash to the end of a kidnapping

Start from the beginning

"Well, those haters probably just want attention so don't mind them," Senra said, hoping that it would cheer the older male up at least a bit.

"Mhm," Shima hummed in agreement. "That's what my mom says. Anyway, enough about me. Why not you tell me more about yourself instead?"

"Myself? Ah, unlike you I'm not really that interesting. I'm just some artist who likes to paint a lot," Senra said with a small smile. "I don't have much to tell about myself really."

"Then... what about a little more about your family?" Shima suggested with an awkward smile. "You've already heard me go on and on about my siblings..."

"My family...?" Senra asked unsure of whether he wanted to talk about them or not.

In the end, he decided to just say some small things so that the conversation wouldn't end up in complete awkwardness because of him.

"My parents both work something related to medicine. My father is a doctor and my mother works in a pharmacy. We don't talk that often. But I think I will be able to talk more to my mother after I get back," the blond male said with a small smile.

Deciding not to pry why Senra didn't talk to his parents, Shima focused on the more positive things.

"That's great," Shima said with a small grin. "I hope you can bond well with her."

"I hope so too. Honestly, it's all thanks to this kidnapping here that I can do it. So maybe there are some perks in it after all," Senra said happily before he realized what he said probably seemed very weird. "It's still bad, don't get me wrong! But it's just great to have some positive things from this as well."

Shima chuckled before nodding.

"I agree, this kidnapping doesn't really feel like one if it weren't for the handcuffs constantly reminding us," Shima said with a soft sigh. "I feel like we could have all been close friends with the four of them without this situation..."

"Yeah..." the younger male said as his smile disappeared, a small frown replacing it. "I wish we all would have met under different circumstances. I feel bad for them that they had to live like this for such a long time. In the end, it's the government which made them do it."

"Yeah," Shima frowned. "I once thought our government was good, always caring for the people... now that we're in this position, I can't say for sure..."

"Clearly they're not good for forcing people to be like this," he continued. "But I don't want to judge them before I know the reason why."

"Yeah... I really don't know what to think of this anymore... Well, I guess we will just see it sooner or later once we get out of here," Senra said, shrugging.

"Mhm!" Shima hummed before pulling his knees to his chest and resting his head on it.

The two sat there for a while in silence before Shima broke the silence again.

"Hey Senra... this might be a little awkward..." Shima started nervously. "Have you ever thought about getting a significant other?"

"A significant other? I once thought about it some time ago. But I think that I never had the best relationships so I decided to just dedicate my love to art," Senra said, laughing sheepishly. "What about you, Shima-san? Ever thought of getting a lover?"

"Well, my mom's been kinda pestering me to get at least a date first," Shima said with a nervous chuckle. "This is a little embarrassing, but I never actually dated anyone before...."

"Eh?! Not? And here I thought you had some already because you are so popular and such," Senra said as he looked at the older male surprised.

"Well, don't judge a book by its cover," Shima laughed softly before smiling softly at Senra. "I never really had much interest in dating, and most of my time is just dedicated to my fans and helping out my family."