Chapter 20: The final dash to the end of a kidnapping

AN from MaiMia: ;'D dense people are hard to write though it was fun to tease Miko as I write it ww

AN from Mikoto: Someone give Neru sth to distract him so Soramafu can escape together pls ww

Enjoy reading~

As their hopefully last night approached them, the hostages were slowly drifting off to sleep, some wishing the day would come sooner, some just wanting to sleep.

Shima sighed softly as he continued to hold the blonde's hand with an embarrassed blush. Thankfully, no one was really paying attention to them. Senra's eyes were closed and the purple-haired male tilted his head slightly, wondering if the blonde was really asleep.

So, he gently squeezed the hand he was holding, his voice barely above a whisper.

"Senra?"

Upon hearing his name, the blond male opened his eyes as he looked at the purple-haired male.

"Yes, Shima-san?" The blond artist hasn't been able to sleep at all but he thought that it might be less awkward if he would just pretend to try to sleep at least so that there would be no awkward silence.

"Did I wake you up?" Shima smiled apologetically as he let go of the blonde's arm, feeling that was enough of him being clingy.

"No, it's fine you didn't. I was only resting a bit is all," the blonde male assured him with a smile.

"That's good..." Shima muttered before flashing another smile at the blonde. "Want to talk a bit...?"

"Sure," Senra said, nodding.

He couldn't sleep anyway and it might be the last time that they would really talk before they would probably never see each other again because they were only hostages suffering the same fate.

Shima hummed a bit before smiling sheepishly.

"What should we talk about...?" he asked.

"Well... how about you tell me more about your work?" Senra asked as he wasn't really sure. "I mean you are a famous person somehow, right? An internet star?"

"A YouTuber," Shima said. "I make videos for a living and get paid by YouTube by my ad revenue and watch count."

"It's nothing too fancy," Shima said with a shrug. "Mostly just playing games for my viewers that can't play it for themselves."

"That sounds nice. Maybe I should watch one of your videos someday to see what that's like," Senra said, chuckling.

Shima laughed nervously as he realised there was a high chance that the blonde would run across his horror gameplay videos.

"Well, don't mind my girlish screams if you do watch my horror gameplays, and by all means enjoy them~" Shima grinned.

"Girlish screams?" the blond male asked confused before chuckling and nodding. "Alright. I look forward to watching some then."

"I tend to scream like a girl when I get scared," Shima said awkwardly. If his hands weren't cuffed behind him, he would have scratched his cheek too.

"I'm sure you are still cool despite that. And maybe that's one of the reasons why people enjoy your videos. Because they're fun to watch," Senra told him as he laughed lightly.

"Maybe," Shima hummed as he tapped the ground with his finger. "But sometimes I see some hate comments and it kinda stings? But I learnt to cope with it."