Chapter 11: Hopes and feuds

AN from MaiMia: This chapter is just... ;'D Mai has no words to explain and describe it

AN from Mikoto: Mikoto felt many feelings while writing this chapter as well so she hopes you guys will feel just like her while reading this UwU

Enjoy reading~

A door opened with a light bell ringing as it did, a blond woman stepping inside.

The slight scent of dust. The orange rays of the sun shining through the window as it was slowly setting down. The wooden furniture standing in the room to make the place seem warmer.

That was the familiar place where the blonde female had grown used to in the past few days.

She walked through the room and saw that no one was there yet, deciding to sit down on the familiar leathered couch first as she waited for someone to come.

A brunette soon walked in with a grim expression, but his mouth curved upwards when he noticed the blonde woman sitting patiently on the couch, waiting for him.

"Kuro, you're here early!" the brunette said with a smile, hiding away his frustration and sadness from the disappearance of someone precious to them.

"Yeah, everyone is pretty much busy at this time and all so I decided to close the bar for today~" Kuro explained as she flashed the other male a grin in return.

"I see, I see," Neru nodded as he took a seat on the armchair across from the blonde woman. "Then, we'll just get straight to the point, shall we?"

"Of course~", Kuro chirped before her smile disappeared. "I talked to him just like you wanted me to. He didn't really show much which would tell us that he has something to do with Soraru's kidnapping... And I really don't want to think that he is related to it but there is no doubt that he is still suspicious."

"Oh?" Neru said, his eyebrows raised while he rested his hand on the armrest. "What make you that certain he's so suspicious?"

"Well, the two of them were together in the bar before suddenly leaving and he was the last one who was with Soraru," Kuro explained. "That itself already made it suspicious. But there was also the fact that he was so set on talking to Soraru and such..."

"Ugh, this is so difficult!" Kuro groaned as she ruffled her own hair. "I will definitely make Soraru pay us back for everything we do for him right now really! That lazy fishcake just had to let himself be kidnapped! Why did you take karate lessons for ten years only to get abducted?"

"Maybe he was drugged? That wouldn leave him in quite a vulnerable state," Neru said with a shrug before mumbling to himself. "What a pity he wasn't drugged by me... I would have been so nice to him..."

"Uwah, don't be weird again, this is not the time for this!" Kuro warned the brunet as she took a roll of newspaper and hit the male with it. "Besides, we all know that if Soraru would want anyone to drug him, it would be me cause I'm his best friend!"

Neru squealed in pain and he used his hands to protect himself with it.

"Not the newspaper!" he cried out.

"Yes the newspaper! Get to work and find how to get Soraru back!" Kuro told him as he hit the other male again just for good measure before leaning back into the couch.

"Fine..." Neru childishly whined before turning back into his serious mode. "Anyway, I already had my suspicion on the albino since you first told me about him."

"Like you said," he continued. "He was dead set on talking to my precious ike-, I'm sorry, don't whack me with the newspaper again!" Neru squealed as he saw Kuro pick up the newspaper again.