One

Ashton's POV

I stretch as I walk into the quit building, nodding at a couple girls I recognize from class as I pass them and head into the dimly lit room. Taking a deep breath of the calming lavender hinted air, I take my usual space in the back of the set up before sitting down and glancing around the room. It's been a couple months since I made it to a class with touring around Europe and Asia this summer, and I am ready to have a couple months to recenter and focus before tour again this fall.

I recognize the usual crowd, around a dozen ladies between 20ish and early 40's here before work all day. The gay couple who have been doing this together for a long time now, and the two obnoxiously straight guys who come just to watch the girls. Pricks.

I give them a second glance when I notice they have set up their mats behind a girl I don't recognize. She is in the front row, against the left wall and seems totally oblivious to the guys setting up behind her, and their intentions.

"Welcome back, Ashton, have a good summer?" Amber smiles as she walks into the room.

"A lot of fun ya, but I am more than ready to be here every morning for the next two months to recalibrate before the next band adventure." I smile.

"Good. We are excited to have you back."

"Who's the new girl?" I nod towards the blonde in the front corner.

"That is Isabella, she is very quiet. A lot like you in class, keeps to herself and stays very focused. She's fighting through something too, I have figured that much out. I could introduce you after class if you'd like."

"No, that's okay, I just don't like that she seems so oblivious to the way those two are acting behind her. She doesn't deserve that." I shrug.

"Oblivious, or ignoring? Maybe she just isn't giving them any sort of reaction to show them their actions don't affect her."

"Ya, maybe. I don't know though. She seems too relaxed to know they are there."

"First day back and he already wants to be the hero." She chuckles.

"I just like when people are respected."

"I know. I've had my eye on her since she joined the class in June, don't worry. I always watch out for the quiet ones. Get stretched out, we are going to get started."

"Yes, ma'am." I smile, pulling my knees up so I can reach my shoes to take them off.

I can't help but keep my eye on the new girl too, hating the feeling I get when I see the guys watching her in such a disgusting way. I can't lie, she has a nice figure, and she is pretty from what I can see, but that is not an excuse to stare at her like that.

By the time the class is over I don't feel like the yoga session did any good, I don't know why I am so annoyed for the girl, I don't even know her. I think it has something to do with the fact that she didn't yell or even give those guys a dirty look. She didn't let them know she disapproves of their actions.

I notice the girl again as I leave the studio, she's standing on the curb looking down at her phone as she waits for someone I assume. Debating a moment I step towards her, tapping her onthe shoulder.

"Shit." She jumps hard, turning to look up at me.

"Sorry." I chuckle, her eyes are a brilliant dark blue color, the right noticeably darker than the left, "I just wanted to say hello. I'm Ashton, I'm in that yoga class you were in this morning." 

"Oh, um. Nice to meet you." She holds out a hand nervously, "I'm Izzy."

"Sorry I scared you, Izzy. I just got back to town from two months of work travel and I like to know everyone in class, so since I saw you standing alone I thought I'd introduce myself."