Drifter × Reader (Super Fluffy)

Request and I was going to write one anyway so it works perfectly!!
*
*
*
I am sitting on my couch with my ghost having him tell me about the news for today,basically making him be my personal Alexa. I was all snuggled up in different blankets and throws due to the surprisingly chilly weather in the last city. I was up early and drinking a cup of coffee while watching the sun rise. I stayed in the city even if I don't completely agree with some of their ideas but I digress. I hear foot steps coming from the hall infront of the door to my apartment and a strong knock. My.head peaks up and I get up from the couch and open the door to see a bundled up Drifter standing in front of me. I've been friends with him for a while and he visits from time to time if he gets free time or bored I'm just confused on why he's here so early. "Hey sorry for botherin you this early, if it makes up for it I brought breakfast,but we need to talk." I nod and let him in,he smiles and shuts the door behind him. I notice him place the food done on the coffee table in the living room and I sit back down on the couch. He sits on a recliner in front of me, my ghost appears at my side almost defensively like he can be threatening but I shake my head and he disappears again. I grab my cup of coffee, that was some how still hot and I take a sip as I open the bag of breakfast foods Drifter picked up. "So what's up Drift? You're never up this early." He chuckles "I could say the same about you." I sigh "I couldn't sleep, I don't know why I just couldn't." We both separate our meals, I feel a little flattered since he got me my favorite breakfast food. "Good, cause I was thinking all night and I just couldn't sleep." I put my cup down and take a bite of my breakfast. I swallow and laugh a bit "You never sleep you're always doin something for gambit." He finger guns me "Touché" We sit in a comfortable silence for a bit while we both eat,the silence was comforting but at the same time there was a lurking tension. "I came here to check on ya, you've seemed a little distant lately." I look at him and a blush spreads across my face. "I just have been tired and burned out but it's not you. I promise." He stands up and walks over to me,the former dredgen stands in front of me,and moves his hand towards my face like he was going to touch it but moves his hand away like if he touches me I could break. I blush with him being so close to me, another reason I've been distant is because I love him,and I think he noticed. I notice his hand and I stand up and move my hand and rest it on top of his, he lets me guide his hand to the side of my face, he only barely has his fingers against my cheek. "It's okay. . ." I whisper this to him, he unfolds his hand and I lay my head in his hand. "I wanted to tell you how much I care for you Y/N." I smile and I move my arms so they are around his neck,pulling him into a hug. "I just don't want you to get hurt by me, I'm a dangerous man, and you deserve better than me." I shake my head at him and lay my head against his shoulder looking up at him as I do so. "You are lonely, you've been a guardian for so long you don't want to be abandoned again,that's the reason right?" I ask him this, I know he was one of the first light bearers and I am not but I know he's a man of mystery because everyone who he's trusted is gone. He chuckles and lays hs chin on my head,he snakes his arms around my waist and sways us slightly. "You ain't wrong,but are you sure this is a good idea?" I nod and he takes this as a chance to pick me up and plant a kiss on my lips. I hold him close and when we break apart I lay my hands on his cheeks. "I love you." He smirks and lays his forehead against mine "i love you too hotshot."
*
*
*
Lemme marry the trash man, also hi I'm back from the dead lol, I've had writers block so this sucks and all my other books do too at the moment but it's fInE.
Word Count: 813