Drifter x Reader (Fluff)

Warning(s): None
*
*
*
I am walking around Tower after a pretty rough round of gambit. I don't know how we won, but all I know is that I am going to be sore later. I am just walking around looking for some way to kill time. I got a good waste of time immediately as I went to get ammo and ended up talking with Banshee for a while before deciding that I was going to go vist the Drifter. The Drifter and I have been close for a while now, I always play gambit and get him his motes, and I talk to him, and he always listens to me and genuinely cares about me. I think about this and smile to myself. I wave goodbye to Banshee and as I walk away from Banshee I notice Zavala watching me with a disappointed look for not siding with the Vanguard,to this I respond with my middle finger and I continue on my way.

I make it to the hanger and into the hall where the Drifter runs shop and lives. I look around the melancholy looking room and notice it was empty other than him,which is strange because there is always someone here so being with him alone was confusing but not unwelcome. I smile as I walk fully into the room. I walk over and tap his shoulder as he seems to be in a trance of flipping his jade code. He perks up a bit and smiles.  "Hey Y/N,what's happening?" He stops flipping his jade token to look over at me. I stand next to him and look up at him and he flips the coin to me. I slide it onto the table next to me and smile. "Nothing really just figured I'd drop by after winning." I joking state this and point to myself with foolish, joking pride. I stop the stupid grin but keep pointing at me, and he chuckles a bit and gives me a gentle, joking punch. "You'd stop by even if ya losed I know ya to well by now." I blush a little and laugh "You aren't wrong." I say this with a smirk and he does the same as he smirks "I rarely am." We stay in a comfortable silence for a bit but I sigh a little trying to figure out how to form my words . "What's on your mind guardian?" I shake my head a little "I just. . ."-I have been in love with him since we first met. Wow my internal monologue might as well have been written by a 16 year old, but I know he isn't interested in me,yet I can't kill these feelings,he's just so mysterious. I guess being around since the dark age would make you a lot different than someone like me. I must have been zoned out for a bit since I get brought back to reality by a hand waving in front of me. "You good?" He places his hand on my shoulder and I nod "Yeah sorry." He nods back, not fully buying it. "I've got an idea,how 'bout I treat you to some dinner?" I give him a confused glance, I'm completely taken back by his request. "Why?" I shutter this out, honestly surprised "You'll figure it out guardian,you're cute but not stupid." He flicks the top of my head gently and I realize he just asked me out on a date. I smile and look up into his eyes "I'd happy get dinner with you." I say this and he smirks. "I'll call in some of that spicy ramen everyone keep telling me about,I swear I've heard like six people a day bring it up." I nod and he puts an arm around my shoulder and gets his ghost to order the food. I lean my head on his shoulder,he is honestly somewhat surprised by my reactions to him. "So you would really date a damned old gambit lord instead of anyone else who's tried to ask you out?" I giggle a bit and move from his shoulder so I was in front of him. I put my hand on his cheek and trace over his scars with my thumb. "Of course,you're everything I've ever wanted,and you aren't that old." I say this and he laughs again. "I'm a lot older than I look-" I cut him off "So what it's not like anyone here in the Tower ages passed 30,we're all past our 100s now so sush." I keep tracing over the scars on his face as I state this. He leans his face into my hand and I really notice the fact that he hasn't gotten attention like this or contact like this in years hell maybe even centuries. I move my hand off his face and he takes my hands into his own, holding them as if they could break at any second. "What if being with me gets ya hurt?" He says this with a gentleness I've never heard from him. I shake my head, and he pulls me closer to him letting me rest my head against his chest and he lets me move my arms so they are around his neck. "I already am in danger being a guardian sided with you,and besides,I know you'll protect me in the rare case I can't protect myself." I say this in response to his worries. He lays his chin on the top of my head and he sways us. "Y/N,You're a strange girl,and I like that about ya." We both hear a knock at the door,which my ghost ended up closing without me noticing. He lets go of me and grabs the food and pays for it. He places it down on a table, and we both pull up crates to eat dinner. We eat, our hands intertwined while having small talk. We finish and I check the time. "I should be getting home, it's late and I know it's gonna be a busy day tomorrow." I stand up and he follows shortly behind. "See ya tomorrow after Gambit." I nod "Like always." He walks me to the door and kisses me,surprisingly gently, on my lips. "Good night Y/N,my guardian." I blush and kiss him back. We both stay like this for a while, his hands wrapped around my waist and mine on his face. That was until we stopped to catch our breaths and my ghost nudged me to break us apart. The Drifter sends me a wink and a smile as I walk out the door, and goes he goes back inside after giving me a wave. My ghost looks at me as I walk home "Well today was interesting." He says this and I roll my eyes "Whatever,I'm just happy it happened."
*
*
*
A/N: I played so much gambit this week and I choose siding with drifter so fast it wasn't even funny. I love the drifter so much! He's such an interesting character*cough* andheshot*cough*.
Rewritten: 6-3-2022
Word count: 1,198