Better Than The Other One ☆Damon Salvatore☆ (3)

It was such a difficult decision to take.

"Thanks Damon," you said, taking your bracelet and cleaning your eyes, "but I'm okay with it."

"If you say so. Want me to get you back to your house?"

"Yes please! I don't even know why you took me here in my sleep in the first place."

He chuckled, took you by the hip and led you to your house.

***

It was now almost 3 years since you came at Mystic Falls, your ex's death anniversary was coming soon, and your mood was more and more down. You wouldn't even hang with Bonnie and Elena. Since you got closer to Damon, Caroline didn't even want to see your face so that wasn't a problem. Even when Damon would make surprise apparitions in the house, you'd just send him back, saying you're not in the mood for his jokes. One day, Bonnie came into your house looking worried. You invited her to take a seat in the living room.

Y/N... Never trust someone with green and black clothes and awfully pale skin. You do know that people that come back from death are never the same, right?"

You realized she didn't even look like herself.

"Bonnie? What are you talking about?"

"Y/N don't approach anyone with green and black clothes and pale skin."

"What? But—"

"NO Y/N DON'T!" she made you jump by suddenly yelling.

"O— Okay, I won't."

She got up and looked around her.

"Y/N? What am I doing here?"

"You fell asleep while we were talking," you lied.

And she knew you lied, but also thought that maybe it'd be better if she didn't know why she came to your house but didn't remember anything.

The day just after, as you were walking around town, you bumped into someone. You lifted your head to see a girl with dangerously pale skin and dark clothes. You mumbled an apology and were about to continue your way when she grabbed you by the shoulder. You saw that she was skinny, so much that you could almost see her bones.

"Oh honey, I looked everywhere for you!" She smiled.

"I'm sorry, I don't know you." You shook your head. You could clearly remember Bonnie's yelling. You tried to get away, but her grip was strong for a bony person.

"It's normal, I'm your mother's sister, Hela."

"Your name's the same as the death goddess..."

"I know! Cool, right?!"

"If you say so... I have to go."

"Wait, I just wanted to tell you that I have a little gift for you, that's wandering around town! You'll thank me later!" she smiled, then waved at you.

You went to the Mystic Grill to take a/an F/B. As you were sipping your drink, Damon came near you.

"Knock, knock. How are you feeling Y/N?" he smiled coolly at you, which wasn't Damon's style. He was more the kind of people that smirked.

"Not now Damon."

"Oh, really? That's sad, I wanted to spend some time with you Y/N-boo."

You jumped and turned to him, hearing this nickname. Only one person called you like that. You almost fell off your seat, but he caught you, almost hugging you. He was more than real, and it wasn't Damon.

"Missed me Cupcake?"

You jumped off your seat, freeing yourself his embrace, the glass still in your hand. It looked like you were going to throw it to him. As you were about to talk to him, Matt came your way.

"Are you okay Y/N? Is he bothering you?"

You nodded, still in shock.

"Damon, I'll ask you to leave the place please," he said, making the doppelganger laugh.

"It's okay, Matt, I'll go. I need some fresh air anyways," you said getting up, "This place is too locked up," you mumbled while passing the door.

You went directly to your house and got on your bed. You heard steps coming from your window, so you took the stake under your pillow and jumped out of your bed.

"Woah ... you look tense... I just came to check upon you, you know ... as I do every evening?"

"Damon?"

"Well, duh, who else could it be? And who even hides a wood stake under their pillow?!"

You fell on the floor, letting go all your tension by crying.

"OK, what's going on?"

"You wouldn't be playing a joke on me, right?"

"What are you even talking about?"

"He's here... I don't know how; I don't know anything... All I know is that he's here."

"Y/N... Why are you so panicked? You're protected. He isn't invited... And you love him ... right?"

"No. I used to love him, he changed, the look in his eyes isn't the same... And that girl, Hela... I'm pretty sure she has something to do with it."

"Well, I still don't understand why you asked me if it was me... Oh, Y/N... Look, let's go take a walk, okay?"

You nodded.

***

Since that day, you didn't hear about Daelan. As you came home from errands, Elena told you that Damon was waiting for you in your room, you thanked her and made your way to your room. He was looking at the picture of you and Daelan.

"I never looked at it, you looked like a cute—"

As he was finishing his sentence someone came inside your room by the window. Damon.

You automatically moved back to one of the walls.

"Y/N," they both said at the same time making a step towards you.

You started to panic.

"Don't! Stay where you are."

"Y/N, I'm the real Damon..." said the one at the right, that came from your window.

"Don't listen to him, Y/N. You know it's me."

"Stop! Both of you..."

You were thinking about something that could help you distinguish them. That's when you thought of a trick question.

"Where did I use to hide my security stake before? Answer this question, and I'll know that it's you."

"What? How am I supposed to know? I'm pretty sure that it's your ex that told you the best place to hide—"

The Damon at the right didn't have time to finish his sentence that the one at the left said:

"Under your pillow."

"Damon..."

Before you could get to him, Daelan got behind you and took you by the throat.

"Make one step in our way and I'll drink her dry. You'll never see her again."