Chapter two ~ An intruder...

Start from the beginning

"Erm, Grandma..do you know how many carbs are in that?" I looked over at her, she shook her head.

"Can I have like a salad or something instead, I'm sure it's amazing..just my PT would so not be happy with me if I ate that"

"What's a PT?" She furrowed her eyebrows, making me chuckle.

I looked back at her, to see her waiting for me to answer...oh, she's serious.

"A personal trainer, you know..someone who helps you workout? And gives you a diet plan" I told her and she slowly nodded.

"Okay if you insist, but you are missing out my delicious pie!" She wagged her finger at me before rushing over to the fridge to prepare a salad for me.

I laughed at my Grandpa as he took no time in instantly tucking into his chicken pie, I can't lie it definitely looked delicious.

My eyes couldn't help but notice the empty seat next to me when my grandma handed me my salad and took the seat opposite me and my grandpa, shrugging it off I digged into my food.

"We want you to be up for 6am and outside by 6.30" My grandpa spoke up, almost making me choke on my tomato.

"6am!? But I have a routine..I wake up at 7am, half an hour meditation and then I have breakfast, go for a run and then shower and get ready" I paused, taking a sip of my water. "Plus, who on earth takes half and hour to get dressed!?" I asked.

"Well darling, things are going to change why you are here..working on the farm is a hard job and you have to be up early in order to fit everything in. You will have to make time for your other hobbies either on a break or after you finish helping out" Grandma Emmie explained, swallowing down a chunk of her pie.

"But-"

"Ari, work doesn't wait for you..in order to live on this farm, we have to look after it" My grandpa cut me off, a sigh left my lips as I decided to just ignore them and eat the rest of my dinner.
-

I couldn't sleep, all I have done is toss and turn. Knowing I am actually getting told what to do, makes my head hurt. I'm so used to doing whatever I want to do, whenever I want to do it.

My eyes caught onto the clock, 1.30am. Letting out a huff of air, I kicked the blanket off of my legs and pulled on my pink silky robe, tiptoeing out of my room and down the wooden stair case.

When I finally found the kitchen, I searched the cupboards looking for a glass. Once I got one, I filled it up with water and placed it my lips. The door creaking open, made me jump and turn around super fast.

What the hell?

Placing the glass down in the sink, I slowly walked out of the kitchen and hid around a corner. My eyes caught onto a tall figure, who looked to be taking of his jacket. The first thing I did was scream to the top of lungs, making him snap his head towards me.

My feet rabidly ran up the stairs, bumping into my grandpa who was half asleep. "Grandpa! There's a intruder..I just saw him downstairs, I-I" my voice shook but was cut of by a deep chuckle behind me.

I gripped onto my grandpa for dear life as I slowly turned to face the man who had just entered the house, he stood with a smirk on his face. "So this your Granddaughter Keith? You are right, she is a dramatic one" He pointed towards me and I let out a laugh in disbelief.

"Adriana, this is Trevor..he lives and works here" My grandpa chuckled. I squinted my eyes at him, before looking at Trevor again.

He had dark brown hair and set of crystal blue eyes, his nose was a perfect button shape and a dimple rested on his left cheek. He must of been around my age or a year older, My eyes landed on a sleeve tattoo on his right arm.

Ew, tattoos.

Letting out a huff, feeling humiliated I sent my grandpa a glare before I spun around and walked into my room, being sure to slam the door shut.

•••