2. Transfer Student

Every time I had a stupid idea, Hermione was always there to fix the result for me; this time, Hermione wasn't even born yet. I was sure had Dumbledore not summoned a chair for me, I would have fallen on the ground.

It took me four hours to explain to Dumbledore what and how this happened. The first hour consisted of me crying and mumbling about how I'm out of my own time period and all of my friends are going to die. The second hour, after calming down, I explained the situation and why I wanted to go back in time— to save my friends. Obviously, I couldn't outright tell him he was going to die and who was going to die, but I tried to explain it as best as possible. Three hours into our conversation, Dumbledore and I realized that we had no clue on how to send me back.

"I've never heard of such a Charm, Miss Pyrites," said Dumbledore.

"That's impossible! You know everything," I said, standing up to pace. "Okay it is called Motus Tempus, and is a Time Charm. The movement is quite simple, you place your wand to your heart and then you go through time, into the past. The counterspell, on the other hand, is unknown to me. My best friend would know, she's a very bright witch."

"And do you happen to know what year the Charm was made?"

I opened my mouth to say something, but stopped pacing at the realization. Slowly, I turned to Dumbledore and my mouth opened and closed like a fish.

"Aurora?"

"I'm never going to be able to go back to my friends," I crumbled back down into the chair I was sitting in.

"Did you remember what year?" He asked, leaning forward on his desk.

"Nineteen eighty," I whispered.

The fourth, and last, hour of our conversation included a plan of action. Although unlikely I would suddenly remember the counterspell of a charm I was never meant to know, Dumbledore decided to help me the best he could on figuring out how to send me back to my own time. In the meantime, I would stay at Hogwarts as a student of the school.

"Are you sure you want me enrolled in your school?" I asked.

"Is there a reason why I shouldn't?"

"No, it's just that..."

"Aurora," he said with such tenderness, I knew it was bad news, "there is something we must face: There may be a possibility that... there may not be a solution to the problem until nineteen eighty. That is to say—"

"— I might be stuck here," I finished.

"I think it would be wise for you to continue your education here, at Hogwarts, so that you'd be very much adept to continue... living in this time," said Dumbledore softly.

Looking up from my hands, I saw the sad, twinkling look in his eyes and I knew he meant well.

"And what year were you in?"

"Well," I started, "it's more complicated than that. My friends and I voluntarily dropped out of Hogwarts to... do something important. I'd love to go back to school, but I don't know..."

"What year?" Dumbledore repeated.

"I should be finishing my seventh year, but only finished my sixth," I sighed.

"I believe that it would do you well to be placed back into your sixth year," Dumbledore said. "It would be wise to do so you may be refreshed in your learning."

"Of course, Professor," I said.

"This is also the year N.E.W.Ts curriculum starts, so it would be easier for you to start from this point rather than in the middle of the curriculm and try to catch up in the gap of the different material," he explained further.